VIII - Tension Pt ²

~ ~ ~

I decide to sit on the floor. I wouldn't want them thinking I was looking around their house.

I rest my head on my knees for the moment. Wondering what reckless decisions have lead me to this exact spot.

"What now."

I feel a burning mark on my body. Wrapping my hands around my neck and placing pressure on the increasing pain.

Almost crying.

Well a few tears have already fallen. It hurts like a bitch, though is disappears a few seconds later. At a loss of any other thoughts, I decide to look for a mirror. I saw atleast seven mirrors on the walls earlier.

To my surprise there's a bruise.

Feeling drained, I sit back down. Sliding down the wall and watching my wrists as they heal.

My eyes were a second from shutting close for good until I feel a hand on me.

Specifically Nicholas's hand.

"Get up." he whispers, I do as told.

He makes a move to grab my wrist but I didn't want him to have a death grip on my wounds so I ended up improvising.

His eyes look down to our entwined hands then back up to me. But I'm too quick and look away as his head raises.

"What are you doing?" I ask as I stare directly at a frame photo of a willow tree in the middle of a lake.

"I should be asking you that." His voice clearly amused but tired. "Dont you want to leave?" He changes the subject with no intentions of letting go.

I snap my head back to him, taking a quick glance at our hands before gawking at him.

"I-.." I forgot his question.

"Am tired?" He says. "Or are you using me as a charger?" Nicholas gestures to our hands.

I try to pull back my hand but instead he pulls me closer. I stumble forward a bit. Almost crashing into his chest.

"Are we at full percent already?" His eyes narrow in mine, a small smile showing.

There gap between us could only fit three novel books at best. I was at a distance and angle where I had a good view of his upper body.

A certain mark catches my eye. The impulsive urge to touch it got to the best of me. A moan like sound comes out from him when my fingers come in contact with the mark.

I retract my hand, shocked by his sudden..sounds.

"You're marked?" I say, noticing it wasn't a recent bite either.

"It's complicated." he looks away.

Unintentionally revealing the side of his neck with the mark. With proper lighting, I could see there was a fresh hickey on top of it.

"You made out with one of those girls didnt you." I gave him a condescending smile as I nodded my head.

Out of nowhere he took a step closer, looking almost irritated.

"Do you think I give myself away to just anyone?" He stated with his face inches away from mine.

"Unless you gave that hickey to yourself.." I tilted my head, challenging him.

His head was leaned back slightly as he stared down at me. I could see his jaw clenching.

"I didn't." He spoke. "But I didn't make out with someone. Some girl approached me and caught me off guard, that's all." He says as if it annoyed him to explain.