XXVI - Duties

~ ~ ~

I stood back up, wondering why this guy was yelling like a caveman.

Suddenly Briar tightens her hold around both of my legs. Hugging me for dear life. The touch of her hands were ice cold and quite soft, she seemed like a life sized doll.

"Could you not? You're scaring her." I exclaim. Archer turning his attention to me. His face looks like he's just seen a ghost.

"Nicole use to say that.." He trails off.

I look back to Briar, brushing her hair down in attempt to get her to relax.

"Briar come here." Archer demands.

She shakes her head, hiding her face behind me. I gently pat her shoulder.

"Briar I said come here." Archer says in a more softer demanding tone.

"Let her come to you, Archer. She's just a child."

I'm going to be honest. I'm not sure when or why I became so comfortable with talking to a vampire like this. I think I got compelled to say that, I swear.

"You're going to end up getting us killed." Azula sings.

Archer and Loki both stare in shock.

"Didn't Nicole-.." Loki trails off while Archer is left in disbelief.

"Are you the dad?" Thomas asks. He snapped out of his little spacing out moment. Coming over to Briar and lifting up a strand of her hair, letting it fall off his hand.

"Yes. And Nicole was her mother."

"Is. Nicole is her mother." Loki rephrases. Archer gives Loki a warning look.

"She wasn't meant to enter this world. I had guards specifically guard the portal for that. Excuse me I have to talk to some people." Archer explains with a deadly look on his face.

Leaving me with his kid.

"Yeah we're going to need an explanation." Nicholas states.

Loki sighs as he calls for a guard to take Briar away.

We walk to the grand hall as Loki explains to the three guys about Nicole. They're all as intrigued as each other.

"So you're saying Athena's the mother?"

"Athena is just a reincarnation of Nicole well that's what we managed to come up with. " Loki repeats.

"Wait so does that mean Archer is the vampire version of Nicholas?" James askes.

"No, Archer is still alive. We are vampires, We're immortal. And we'll probably still be alive at the point of time you were born in my world. We think Athena is only a reincarnation because Nicole died. If Archer was Nicholas, he would've looked like him." Loki tries to explain. Deadpanning at the end.

"I mean they do share some similar features." I turn to Nicholas, trying to search and match his appearance to Archer.

When we arrive in the grand hall, the guys don't hesitate to let me walk in first. They were very persistent on it actually.

I pass the heavily armoured Lycan guards who were surrounding all exits. Stepping inside I instantly look over to the vampires seated right at the front with no food at all.

"Must your kind treat my people like prisoners?" Loki says with sarcasm.

His people all turned their heads slowly towards me, dropping their conversations. I see a wide range of red, silver and bright amber coloured eyes, they all freeze like statues.