XII - Jealousy

~ ~ ~

"Don't make me drag you out of bed, Athena."

Altheo.

I groan but decide to open my eyes to look around. I see him in uniform, which causes me to groan even more.

"No." I whine and hide under the covers. "Get up and shower, we'll be late at this rate. Don't forget school is like an hour drive from here." Theo reminds me.

"Where's my uniform" I ask, my voice a little raspy.

"You're wearing it." He chuckles.

"Oh fuck." I mutter under my breath, headache from drinking last night. To make it worse, it was like five am in the morning.

I get up, restlessly. Only having three hours of sleep.

"You know what I'll just-"

"Be late?" He deadpans as with the typical look. "You have to go to school today, besides you don't even smell that bad." He says in a serious tone at first.

I take a sniff of my polo and realized it actually had no trace of an alcoholic scent.

At all.

"How-"

"Come on." Altheo says chucking my bag at me.

"Remind me why I have to go to school again?" I emphasize the have.

"We'll for one, it's the law and you need to be present to finish your studies but most importantly it's because I'm not dealing with Niña." He states firmly. His tone saying that he didn't to continue talking about it anymore.

It was a quiet drive to school.

I wanted to sleep but the wind kept me awake. And Altheo had no plans on getting the roof out either.

We got to school in usual time. Chloe looking at me as if she had seen something bizarre as she stood near the entrance.

"What?" I ask, walking towards her.

"Why do you look like you've just been on a twelve hour flight?" She askes, almost in fear. Fixing my hair.

"I didn't get to shower or get ready." I admit.

"Clearly." She comments. I look at her offended, she shakes her head. "You still look and smell presentable." She assures me after the judging look.

I look up and see James walking towards us. Chloe immediately fixing her uniform up. For a quick second, she looks over to me, widening her eyes as she looks pass my shoulder.

I turn around and see Altheo making his way here.

I look back and instantly see James sniffing the air near me. Chloe and I share looks questioning his behavior.

"Did you-"

"We didn't." Theo answers, cutting him off, like he already knew what James was going to say. "One could only wish."

"You stayed over his house?" James says, looking over to me.

"Well he drove me there and got too drunk to drive me back." I try making myself sound innocent in the act.

"Athena, you shouldn't skip class. Especially our classes." James says. "Right Chloe?" He adds, catching Chloe off guard.

Chloe jumps at the sound of her name.

"Yes, we are missing your presence." She says. "Deeply." She adds.

"I had a perfectly good reason to skip. Right Altheo?" I look over to Altheo, he grins before placing a kiss on my head and wondering away.