XXXVII - Confession

~ ~ ~

All heads turned to the door, hearing the footsteps coming before a knock arrived.

A part of me wanted it to be Lealani and Saffron just so they could convince these idiots to not go through with their irrational plan.

The other part already knew it wasn't them since James and Thomas looked disinterested waiting for the door to open.

Out of everyone in the palace, it had been Louis who opened the door after Nicholas had given permission.

"What is it?" Nicholas asks.

"The all realm princess has requested to see Athena." Louis replied with wide eyes, too knowing it was a scandalous idea.

I felt Nicholas slide an arm around my waist, pulling me to him. We stood parallel against each other, sparks igniting everywhere we had contact.

"I want to kiss you so badly."

His voice in my head had surprised me, taking me a moment to register what he was doing.

"Right now? Why don't you?" I looked up at him silently, everyone probably realizing we had been using the link by now.

"Cause it feels like a goodbye." His eyes burned right through me. I felt myself uselessly blushing at his gaze.

Before I could reply, he lowered his head to the side of my head. His face burried in my hair, then his lips slightly grazing over my neck. Noticing the challenge he faced of holding back.

I could feel him take a deep breath in as he held me close, his hot breath releasing on my skin.

"No matter what, Dont give them another reason to put you on trial. Don't kill anyone, Darling."

I furrowed my eyebrows with a heldback smile as I continued to look into his eyes.

"Where's the I love you?" I asked.

A chuckle escaped him.

"Its waiting over at our happy ending."

He was confident that we could both make it to the end. And because of that, I had less worries. The matebond was slowly strengthening and I could finally feel his feelings more clearly.

The doors bursted open which snapped both Nicholas and I out of our little moment.

I looked around quickly to see the other four guys seated on the couch. Either slouched, waiting impatiently or inspecting a random object in their hand. Their eyes all went towards the door in sync.

Lealani and Saffron entered searching the room. Sighing in relief once they had seen me.

"I heard your fiance wanted to see Athena." Lealani briskly looked over at Altheo before pulling me away from Nicholas.

"You wouldn't want to keep the princess waiting." Louis says twirling a pen around his fingers.

Before I could ask him to lead the way, Lea grabbed hold of my arm.

"We'll take her." She smiles at Louis who shrugs, untroubled.

"I'll break off your engagement to her, Thie. Dio sa quando lo farai." Saffron strutted out of the door, her infamous sound of her heels following her.

From the corner of my eye, I had noticed Louis's gaze following the sway of her hips as she walked away. Shamelessly watching Saffron leave.

Lealani quickly followed while dragging me along. Not giving me a chance to say another word to Nicholas.