XXXV - Criminal

Gunne sax dress Athena wears^

From old version, couldn't seem to get rid of it>

~ ~ ~

How pathetic.

Losing someone for all the wrong reasons. Reasons out of my control. I can't help but think if it's just balance.

I can't have anything grand without having something unfortunate weighing it out.

"Not once did he suggest we should go together"

Love has its limits.

"I know you'd walk to the ends of the world with him if it meant that you got to hold his hand for the last the time."

People have different limits.

"He's loved you all this time, I think his limit goes further than ours." Azula stated.

I thought about what my wolf said but I had no time to respond as I heard the door knob turn.

I was left by myself once again in a small lounge room. Nicholas was requested to speak to one of the generals.

The others were all called away by their families who had arrived at the palace.

I felt the true class difference after seeing them all in their fancy clothes. At parties they would put me in such dresses that would make me fit in to their lifestyle. It felt pretentious but I enjoyed the chance.

Now I couldn't pretend at all.

The people here had given me this undergarment dress that had layers which just grazed the polished floors. And an additonal white airy cloak.

Not sure if its an attempt to make me look like a peasant compared to them but if it was then they failed miserably.

I felt and looked like I had lived in a fairytale wearing this dress.

I got up from the seat, fixing my posture and my dress. Watching a foot step into the room.

"Athena?"

My eyes moved up from his feet to his head. Matching the voice to the face, I was more than surprised to see him here.

"Louis? What are you doing here?" I asked sitting back down sighing in relief.

I wasn't ready to face another general or warrior again.

"Well my parents are dealing with your trial so I figured I'd come and watch. Entertainment purposes really." He says closing the door behind him.

"You're telling me I'll have to defend myself against your family?" I groaned in complaint.

"Actually they go against each other so one of them will be defending you against the King's court."

"Then I pity for whichever parent has to take my side." I say leaning back and closing my eyes.

"Are you o-"

"I'm fine." I answer.

"You don't look fine."

"Then don't look at me, Louis." I say before sitting back up straight and looking around the room for him.

There he was sat on the chair across from me.

"I heard you nearly rejected Nicholas earlier. What was the plan there?" He asks curiously.

"You hear a lot of things you know that." I comment, he shrugs. "My plan was to take the easiest route. It's more like the least difficult out of all the options."