CHAPTER 27

George Ashley PoV

I LOST CONTROL TO MY CAR when I was driving it. The break was f*cking useless! Help!

But I tried to step on the break and hoped for my vehicle to stop. I was too alarmed when I saw people pushing a cart through the other side of the road. To my desire to save them from the upcoming danger I have, I chose to hit my car to the mango tree.

My vision got blurry and my head was spinning around. I felt my feet stuck because of the accident. My car was already smoking. I know that any minute, this car will gonna explode like my plan, but I didn't plan for this to be real. I am inside here, stuck and thinking about my life.

"H-Help me!" I tried to ask for help, and I am grateful that someone heard my screams. It's a woman wearing thick eyeglasses, "Help me, please! I can't die today." I plead to her.

She rescued me and helped me to remove my feet from being stuck. She already saved me before the car exploded. But I can't bear to see that somebody died because of that explosion. A woman who went to my car.

We lay down on the road because of the big impact. My car is now on fire, the same with the woman's body.

***

THE FIRST PERSON I CALLED was Kris's father. Uncle Albert using the phone of my savior. "Uncle, help me." I greeted him with that.

"Where are you, hija? Everybody was looking for you."

"I am in the nearest hospital, near the city. Someone help me."

I return the cell phone to Jane, "Thank you so much, Jane. For everything you did for me today. If you never help me, I'll be dead right now. I don't know how to repay you."

She is a shy type of girl and Jane fixed the position of her eyeglasses. She also fixed her hair and put it behind her ear. "It's fine, George. Everyone will do the same if they hear someone for help. I am just there passing by and I was the one who helped you. So it not a big deal for me."

I grabbed her hand, "I have a debt to you for saving my life, Jane. Tell me how can I repay you? What do you want me to do to pay for your kindness?"

"No need to do anything. Simple 'thank you' is enough for me, George."

Doctors pulled me to heal the bruises and wounds I got from the accident. Unfortunately, I got a huge wound on my face. I know it will give me a huge scar, but what is important is, I am still alive.

"What's your name, so we can contact your relatives and family?" One of the nurses asked me while getting some important information about me.

"I am-"

"Janus!" Uncle Albert cut, he just arrived. "How are you? Are you hurt?"

Uncle looks for the doctor who is curing me, "How's my sibling? Is she okay? What happened to her face?" I frowned when he called me 'sibling' and Janus. Who is Janus? Why did he do this? What does he mean?

"She got a huge wound on her face because of a big explosion that happened when her car exploded. Her left foot is severely injured because of being stuck in her seat. For now, we can't see any problem, but we still gonna conduct tests to ensure that nothing is wrong with Miss Janus, Mr. McKnight."

When the doctor left us, the only people besides me were Uncle Albert and Jane.

"Why did he call you 'Janus'? I thought your name was George Ashley." Jane.

I took a deep breath and I remembered my plan. This might be the perfect opportunity for me to reveal my true self beside Jane because it might affect my revenge plan.

When I saw Uncle, "Uncle Albert, this is Jane Hernandez. She saved me from almost dying." I introduce her. "Don't you worry because we can trust Jane, right Jane?" I looked deep into her eyes.

***

KRIS HUGGED ME while we were outside the airport. I am going to execute and make my plan abroad, to a place where Lance can't find me. I'll use this time to prepare myself for our future encounter. My come back to face that devil...that monster!

"We will miss you, our friends will gonna miss you. Send me always messages and updates when you fix yourself again and when they finally fix your appearance. I want to see you again and you...Jane!" Kris called my new friend and with me when I continue my life in England. "Always look after her. I know that she's always insane, but please, have patience with her. Also, watch her when she falls asleep, she sometimes has this sleepwalk problem. You're dead when something happens to my friend, got it?" I don't know if she is asking for a favor or if she is threatening Jane.

I just laugh because of her attitude.

I stop them and hold Kris's hand. "I am giving you my job to look after my Mom and Dad. Our friends, look after and guide them. I don't want to leave you like this. I don't have a proper goodbye to my only friends." My tears fell on the floor and she touched my cheek, "I want that even if I am not physically with you, you can still remember me. I love you all!" For the last time, I hug them.

She hit me behind, "You love that Ongpauco son the most!"

I chuckled and let her go, "It's still in you, right? The recording I gave. Keep it and please, don't give it anymore to Mom. I will make it myself when I come back. Can you do that?"

She nodded, "Yes, I can. Just take care of yourself. If somebody hurt you there, call me right away and I'll break their bones!"

They called the passenger for Manila to England. I waved at her and my tears continued to fall. I mouthed 'Thank you' when we stepped too far from them.

"Sir Albert has a very scary daughter." Jane complaint.

I nodded, "You can encounter much like her when we get back from the Philippines, Jane. For now, I need to pass this and face the life that is waiting for me in England."

"But thank you again, Geo-I mean Janus. For bringing me with you to continue my study I am too grateful that I have this chance to study abroad. It's too much, but I will not reject this offer. I am super thankful to Sir Albert and to you."

I squeezed her hand and smiled, "I think you need to use in calling me 'Miss Janus McKnight' in the meantime, Jane Hernandez."

Because starting today, George Ashley Mendoza is on a long vacation out of this world. She will be Janus McKnight in the meantime.