CHAPTER 2

George Ashley PoV

AGAIN, I got the highest score for our quiz in science and my friends teased me again. They said that I'm inspired, but I always like this. I just study too hard and that inspiration they are talking about. It is not now in my plan.

"I'm jealous. How are you, George?" Janella protested about what score she got, "It's too difficult and most of them are not been discussed! Gosh, fourteen? Pft!" She laughs while recalling her score.

I continue my food while listening to them. Let me introduce my bestfriends, Janella and Kairis. Janella Urzula was still barking about what happened to her paper while Kairis Balboa listened to her, who got the same score as mine. I also have Agustine Sarmiento, who is too sweet around his girlfriend Kris McKnight like they have their world. We also have Marco Ocampo around who is busy talking about his vacation. We laughed because of his story mostly this Jerick David Romero, who is like his intestine will come out in him.

Let me clarify, Jerick and Jeric are different people. Jeric without 'K' is the man who still has my heart. My Love. While Jerick with 'K' is my friend.

I felt like the a sudden change in our atmosphere. I just knew that there was a boy in front of me holding a bouquet of roses and imported chocolate.

"H-Hi George! This is for you." He handed me his gift while I felt his shyness in approaching me. So, I look around and know the reaction of others. I saw a group of men, three to be exact. Laughing while looking at the boy in front of me. He is wearing thick eyeglasses and a brace. "I hope you will like it." After saying that, he disappeared. He ran as fast as a horse while those three were still laughing at that boy.

My friends went to me and questioned me, but I stood still. The only thing you can see through me is pity for that boy because he reminds me of my old self. Those days I am still the old version of me because right now, that version is gone. George is very jolly, a joker, and creative. It disappeared after I lost weight and changed my old habits.

"Your charm is really powerful George to boys!" Kairis teased me, but I couldn't laugh or be happy about it. "But why does your face look like someone has died? Any problem?"

I read the card attached to it. To his bouquet of red roses and it reminds me of myself. "We are both alike because that boy who approaches me, the girl he is looking for is already beside him. He just looking at the wrong side."

A girl is standing near to us. Looking at the boy who is still running away. You can see and read the pain of being just a friend of the person you adored.

"What are you talking about?" Janella snatched the card. "Shy type."

***

WHEN I GOT HOME, I greet my Mom and Dad who are both busy doing their job. They are staying in our living room and waiting for me.

"I'm home, Mom and Dad!" I called their attention.

They noticed my presence, so, I went to them and kissed their cheeks.

"How's your day, my Princess?" Dad asked while still scanning our business documents and signing them.

"It's fine, but I encounter a boy and he gives me flowers and chocolates. Nothing changed really." I didn't mention my achievement of having a high score because they believe that I can have it.

My Mom stopped typing on his keyboard and looked at me. "We know you are smart, but our advice is to not enter a place wherein you are still not ready. We trust you and we can't take it anymore if we see you being hurt again by someone, by a boy." She said that they saw me in a situation wherein I became miserable because of my feelings toward Jeric. "But if that will make you happy, we will support you, and always remember that we are always here for you, okay?"

I smiled for them to feel better and show that they don't need to worry about me anymore. That I already moved on even though I know that I didn't.

"I'll come upstair, Mom and Dad. I'm just asking Yaya to bring food to my room because I feel exhausted today." My excuse.

They nodded, so I went upstair, to my room. I locked it as always. I don't want disturbance whenever I am inside my room. This is my place. My personal space. I don't want anyone to do something inside or bother me. I find peace also here. This room is my witness to how I became before.

I put my bag on the white minimalist table and sit on my pink swivel chair. I looked at the picture that hand on the wall near my table. I can keep myself from being hurt, how I wasted my time in pleasing everyone even if I can give myself, the love that I know I deserve. I looked around and saw different photos of my old barkada with Jeric even though my true intention in being with them is to be noticed by him and keep memories as much as I can.

When I glance at the frame near my notebooks, I get it. I look at our picture while he is dancing with me in the middle of the crowd. It is dark and noisy, but it is still clear to me how those noises change into something magical. How I am captivated by his face wherein I can look closely. The voices around us became music to my ears and the darkness became our paradise.

A tear fell and put the frame from its same place. "Even though you are not now around, you still can make me miserable?!" My hand formed into a first because of a sudden reminiscing of the past.

I wiped the tears and stood to change my clothes, but when I passed through the mirror. I can't help, but look at my body figure. This is a lot different from how it looks and weights.

After I changed, someone knocked on my door, our maid for my food request. My food now has a limit, unlike before. When I'm done with my food, I put my plate in the sink. I don't want to bother our other maids to just put this downstairs.

When I came back to my room. I opened my social media account, but I am stunned because of Jeric's latest post. I can't help, but feel sad for him. His father died. My heart is aching because of that news. I felt the sadness he feels right now. I want to come to him and hug him but who am I to do that?

BRIDGET SOLIDAD comment:

My deepest condolence to you and your family, AJ. I hope you are still okay.

ALEJANDRO JERIC ONGPAUCO replied:

Thank you, Bridget!

It is just a simple conversation, but I interpret it a thousand times in my head and all of it makes my heart feel betrayed and pain again.