CHAPTER 4

George Ashley PoV

"ARE YOU OKAY, George? You look pale after the news of Ma'am Jennelyn." Kairis asked while looking concerned.

I look straight to her and she is like reading what I want to say. "Maybe he is not that Ongpauco, George. There are a lot of people who have the same surname as him."

My head looked down and tears fell from my eyes. "I don't want to face him again, Kai. Yes, I always find him, but I'm still not ready to face my past. It's too painful!" My voice broke while the wounds became fresh to me. It revived the emotion in my heart. "All I want is for him to be erased from my life."

All of a sudden, someone put his arm on my shoulder. "Who do you want to disappear?" David has this wide smile for us. "It is like you have a serious conversation with Kairis."

I give a signal to Kairis by widening my eyes to tell her not to tell the truth. I'm still not ready to share half of my life with them.

Kairis gives a deep sigh.

"It is nothing, David. We are just talking about the one line of our favorite artist in one of our favorite dramas. Right, Kai?"

Kairis nodded in response. "It is nothing, David. I'll leave the both of you." She stood and went to our friends.

When we are now alone and here he goes again. Playing with my fingers. He also played with my hair when I was busy with something. I didn't stop him because he was too stubborn to listen. When I criticized his actions, he just did it more.

"Your hand is too soft and light, Geo. I loved holding them." His comment and kissed it in front of me. "If I can hold it until the end of the day, I will."

Even though he said that that line never affected me. I'm tired of hearing those in a drama or boys around me.

"What is the brand of your mouthwash, David? You always have these very flowery words that you throw at me. Pft!"

We both laugh together, but I stop when his head rests on my shoulder. "You know, Geo. I never wished anything before for my life. I'm content with what I have, but when I meet you. You changed everything and I started liking you."I looked at him while his eyes were shut and continued talking. "You are not like any other girls I knew. It's an old say, but you know what my Grandfather told me?"

"What?"

"If you love someone, you will not give up and you will do everything for that person. He said that if I met the right woman for me, I must not allow her to feel that she was not special to me. I should love her until the last drop of my sweat."

I look away and glance at the huge garden in front of us. It is windy because we are on one of the huge trees here in MU.

"If I met you first, I think we can have a connection. We have this similarity in views." I laugh because of what I've said because it is like he is fun to be with. I felt that I could share half of me with him, the secrets that everyone still didn't know. He slowly reached the deepest part of my heart.

He sits properly and looks at me.

"I easily give my trust to people, David. Love for me is easy to give to any person that will show how important I am to them, but do you remember when you saw me at the park every morning?" I closed my eyes for a moment and sighed. I think it is a good idea to share it with him that I keep from our friends. "The person I always think about is the man who left a big space inside my heart. I loved him so much that even I forgot to give to myself. I forgot that he is just my classmate and I should give grace and respect myself."

His hand holds mine tightly to say that I should continue.

"I thought he was the man that I had wished for too long, but I was wrong. He is just the person who will walk through me to teach me a lesson and that is to love myself before the others."

He hugged me without any notice.

"I'll be the one to stay and protect you, George. I promise that and I'll do it!"

***

WHEN WE CAME, everything is back to what it is. Unlike after he sang a song for me. I feel comfortable again when I'm with him.

"Did she say 'Yes', Bro'?" Question of Carlo when we entered.

He shrugged. "Not yet, but soon!" He looks so sure. "I still need to court you, right?" He asked me.

I blushed and elbowed him. I left him. "Tse! Get a life!" I smiled because of what he said. I felt like I was floating in the air because of what he did.

"I'll get you, George Ashley Mendoza! I will make sure that you will become my life. I love you!" He didn't pause or have second thoughts in shouting it. "Remember that!"

When I sat, I felt a bit of relaxation. I forget him a bit because of David. Thanks to David I'm continuing the life that I chose.

If I can change the person inside my heart, I'm willing to replace him with David. I felt like he would not extract pain or make me hopeless. If I only met him first.

"Are you willing to wait until I forget the life I had before, David?" I asked to the air while looking outside the room.

I hope you are not that Ongpauco, Jeric. You cause too much pain to me and I don't have any power to face you right now.