CHAPTER 3

George Ashley PoV

WHEN I ENTER THE ROOM, I felt different from the actions of other people around me mostly, David's friends. Their stares were like saying something, but I didn't mind it and maybe, they planned something stupid again. There is a chance that I am the main target of it.

I sat on my chair, but I'm suspecting something because my two crazy best friends are still not around. Maybe they are late, but Kairis? She's not like this.

My soul came out for a second because of a sudden beat and I saw Diego who started the first part of a song until someone sang the song. Carlo plays the guitar while my other classmates go with the flow of the song.

I chuckled when I recognized the song. It is one of Ayradel De Guzman, it is a song dedicated to the MHIAMB story. I felt connection and love when I heard someone playing this.

When it is the middle of the song, my friends pop up with flowers. Janella is holding a bouquet of my favorite red roses and Kairis has imported chocolate. I know it is expensive because of its brand.

"I'll ask for some later," Janella whispered when she handed it to me.

But I didn't expect the existence of sudden appearance of a human-sized pink teddy bear inside our room. I can't process that thing in front of me mostly, the man who is holding it.

Seeing you smile

makes me feel that I am...

For you

He sings that part of the song.

When he is now closer to me and handed the teddy bear, he speaks, "George Ashley Mendoza. The most beautiful and smartest woman inside this room. I'm offering this to you and I hope you can also accept my feelings towards you."

There is still a smile that is plastered on his lips and his eyes also speak the same. I don't know if it is a prank or is for real.

I give him a forced smile and accept it because I'm still confused. "Thank you, but what is the purpose of this gift? If I remember it right, my birthday is still in January and you have now an early gift."

Everyone laughed. I noticed also the looks outside our room. It is crowded and observing what is happening here, inside our room.

I was stunned when he pulled me and hugged me. He whispered in my ear, "Just go with the flow, Geo, and at the right time. I'll tell to you what are the purposes of this special event today."

When he let go, he smiled widely and shouldered me again. "Don't you dare to be near around this girl! You need to pass through me before you get near George, understood?" He sounded like a boss, commanding his employees about his rules.

Everyone agreed, but me. I don't like what he did. When I'm thinking about it, I don't want to believe it.

***

THE WHOLE DAY, he is always by my side. It's like he is true to his words that everyone needs to pass to him before going to me. He always played with my fingers, then everyone would look at it and tease us.

"It feels different when you have an overprotective boyfriend around you, right Kai?" Janella speaks out of nowhere while we are eating. "Do you enjoy it, girl?" She jokes around.

I give her a fake smile, "Funny, Janella." I sarcastically answered. "David? My boyfriend? Psh! Court me first." I'm just kidding but David takes it seriously.

"When I court you, will you agree to be my girlfriend?"

I pulled my hand away from him and looked at the other side, "I-I'm just kidding, you know?" I make my voice more calm even though my heart is over-flowing for undetected feelings. I'm protecting myself to be discovered that he can make me weak and know my old self of mine. And I don't want to give malice in everything he does.

"Half of every joke is truth..." Kairis said in a lower tone while browsing her phone, "Right, Kris?"

Kris smiled while Agustine's arm was on her shoulder. "Yes, girl. I have been like that before with Agustine. So, David pursue her and someday, she will admit her feelings for you." Kris persuades him like I am not around.

"I'm still here, guys for your information!"

***

WHEN WE CAME back from break time, our teacher was already there. Waiting for us to come back and she has an important announcement to say.

"Maybe she is pregnant..." Janella whispered beside me, "She will say goodbye because she will never go back. Pft!"

I pinch her afraid that our teacher might hear her and call the guidance office. Even though I have this crazy friend, I still care for her and I don't want her to experience difficulties in life. Not my friends.

When everyone was in, the silence ate us. We all know that we are not allowed to make a noise because of the seriousness of Ma'am Jennelyn's face.

"It is like everyone is in here. Miss Tolentino, locked the door at the back and the same here in front." She commands. "I have here the document of your new classmate. He is from a public school and I am hoping all of you treat him well. He will attend his class on Monday and I'm expecting that there is someone who will guide him to adjust to this school."

Transferee in this late semester?

"I saw through your eyes that all of you are concerned about how he can study here this late semester, but according to his reports from his current school, Mr. McKnight, the owner asked the board members to let him in." She explained. "I want to assign Miss Mendoza to lead your new classmate to adjust here in MU. I hope it's okay with you?"

I smiled and nodded. "You can trust me on this, Ma'am. With the help of my friends, I will help our new transfer student to adjust to the environment at MU. I'll assure you that MU will catch that transferee's heart."

Her face lightened up. "Good! I'm expecting your good treatment to Mister Ongpauco."

Ongpauco?

Why does my heart feel different when hearing that surname? Same surname as him.