CHAPTER 23

George Ashley PoV

THE NIGHT CAME to Laiya beach and we built a fire while looking at the wide sea water in front of us. Beneath the bright stars above us.

I loved looking at them. The stars. I feel so relaxed while looking at them. I lay on the white sand while the others were afar, around the bonfire they made. I felt so out of place and I don't want to hear someone this time. I want to be alone. I want to enjoy this moment with myself.

I raised my left arm and I was like reaching the brightest star I know in the sky tonight. It's too different and that star was like calling me. Am I insane?

When I got tired, I closed my eyes. Tiredness called me. I am enjoying the cold breeze embracing me and the sound of the waves that are making me fall asleep. It brings me to the most beautiful dream I can have.

***

I WOKE UP and it's already morning. I was not on the seashore anymore. My clothes are now different, but I am too shocked by the person beside me. I thought no boys were allowed. He is sleeping on my hand. His clothes looked wet when he slept.

"What are you doing here?" I woke him up. Sounds rude, but it's bad also to enter someone's room.

He jumped out of nowhere from a deep sleep and he was on the edge of our balance when he opened his eyes. He breathed when he saw me already awake. "Are you awake?" He asked me that. WOW! Is it not visible to him?

I smiled fakely and hit him hard, "I am still asleep! Do I look like I am? My eyes are wide open and what the h*ll are you doing in here?"

He sat again and my hand burned by how he touched mine. Jeric, please spare my heart to this one. "I thought I would lose you yesterday night. What the h*ll are you thinking and you want to walk towards the sea?" I saw how his face was full of irritation. His tone also changed.

Do I sleepwalk last night?

"What?"

"If I never saw you, you are drowned and dead by now! You are the worst while sleeping. You sleep like oil, so I never left your side last night. I don't know if you think again about doing a sleep walk and jumping on your balcony!" Jeric explained and now I know why his clothes looked like that.

"Why didn't you change your clothes first? What if you get sick, Jeric? Are you thinking? Are you a scholar or what?" He is not thinking of doing that foolishness, "You take care of me first before yourself! Unbelievable!"

Jeric facial expression softens. He gave me a meaningful smile, and then everything I said sank into me. Do I sound so very concerned?

"What? I mean is-"

He stood and was like he going to leave me. He messed up with my hair like what he used to do when we were in high school, "I leave now. By the way, good morning! Thank you for the concern, even if you are denying it." He kissed my forehead and my body froze for a moment.

I heard the sound of the door closing. I put my hand on my chest and I feel its pounding. "He is so arrogant!" I whispered to myself, "But you loved him." I respond.

I am insane! Insane for that Alejandro Jeric Ongpauco. My Love!

***

I WORE MY THREE-piece bikini that I bought last week. I put a white T-shirt above it with a pair of shorts. I am too ashamed to show the result of my overconfidence self while wearing this. I don't know if it's good or not for me.

When I came out of the bathroom, Janella laughed at me "What are you wearing, Geo? You don't have something to wear?" She complained about what I wear, "I will lend you if you want?"

Kairis and Kris hit her, so Janella stopped laughing. I felt too embarrassed in front of them, "I have..." I said in my low tone and played with the bottom of my t-shirt. "I will show it later, don't you worry." My excused even though I am not sure if I will take this off.

Kris put her arm on my shoulder, "Let them drool around, girls! Let all the boys in MU imagine George's sexy body. Right, Geo?" She tries to boost my confidence, "Maybe George is above average compared to you, Janella."

When we left the room, it looked like I was the only student in MU who wore something like this outfit. Every girl is in a flaming and sexy bikini. Their skin is too delicate, smooth, and white.

I felt so embarrassed to expose my body to them. I don't know if my stretch marks are visible because I lost a lot of weight before. I don't know if they can see it.

"Smile, George. You are beyond beautiful." Kairis whispered to me. She was wearing her green two-piece bikini that matched her skin color.

I tried to smile and confidently walked down the beach. Why do I feel ashamed about my body, who are they by the way?

I sat on the sunbathing chair beneath the towery tree of coconut. So, it's a good location for me to stay in here plus, it doesn't hurt my skin because of the heavy sunlight.

Someone went to Janella and put sunscreen on her, while Kairis did it herself. There are a lot of men who can help her, but she always pushes them away because she doesn't like the idea of them touching her. She's too conservative. While Kris is with her boyfriend, Agustine. Her beauty became more vibrant because of her yellow bikini.

But not far away, something caught my attention and gave me a lot of strength and confidence to show up. To take this T-shirt and shorts off.

"You want to be flirty, huh? Well, let's bring the heat!" I whispered and showed everyone my white three-piece bikini. I put down my shades and let the air make my hair dance.

Everyone gasped when I did that.