CHAPTER 17

George Ashley PoV

IT'S BEEN ONE MONTH since my father fell into a coma, but he is still unconscious. There is no clue about who did this and the police face difficulties in solving this case.

My Mom lost her interest in managing the company because of thinking about my Dad situation. I am grateful to have Lance with us, and his family to help us.

I am now here at MU because I need to work on with my studies. I have no one to lean on. I already pushed them away.

I sat beside Kairis, my only friend because Janella, Carlo, Kris, and Agustine, all hated me. They still not talking to me because of what I've said to them. They don't even give me a normal conversation or give me a word.

While I was reviewing, a yellow rose appeared on my face. I looked up and saw David, holding it while smiling.

"A beautiful flower for the wonderful woman I've met."

I chuckled and accepted it.

"Happy Valentine's Day, George!" He greeted me.

Oh! Is it already Valentine's Day? I didn't notice it, but why did he give me a yellow rose? Am I wrong to expect that it needs to be red because it is the day of Hearts?

"Yellow?" I protested, "I thought it was Valentine's Day and this should be red?"

He grabbed my hand and pulled me up, "Yellow means friendship and sincerity, while red means affection and love. I love you, but it's good to be stayed as friendship. So, let's go?" David pulled me out of our room. And I just noticed the existence of many different booths and some games of MU for Valentine's Day.

Couples surrounded us. Happy and look contented with one another. They enjoy each game and booth, especially the food booth. There are sweets like cupcakes, cookies, chocolates, milk teas and so much more. There are also finger snacks, street foods, and grilled chicken intestine, Betamax, etc. One of the popular booths here is the photo booth and the most exciting booth here is the jail booth. I saw a lot of prisoners inside. But when I look on the other side, marriage booth.

"Come on, let's go!"

I look at David and he is pointing to the horror booth. I don't want to go in there, I am too afraid of ghosts and creatures. "No! I am not going inside that booth! No."

He roamed around the place to go while I was looking at the marriage booth. I feel disgusted in that kind of booth. Do they think that they will end up with each other? And they only wasted their money on a fake wedding. Okay. Bitter. Don't judge me, it reminds me of that memory!

I looked away, but I saw the figure of Jeric behind those fake bars. He is inside the jail booth. Looking at me like he is reading everything inside my eyes.

"Let's have pictures together. Making new memories is our goal today."