CHAPTER 25

Kairis PoV

I CAN SENSE THAT George has been acting strangely since last week. She has a secret conversation with Kris. I have this instinct that they were talking about George's family and I have this big guess that my sibling have something to do with this.

I just knew that he had. We're siblings, right?

I am lying on the sunbathing chair while looking at the wide see in front of us. I sometimes look at David's location without a good explanation. Like my body just doing it so naturally. Yes, I loved him, but I am doing everything to make it as a friend only.

"Are you happy with the life you have?" Someone interrupted my self-time. He has something to say as always. "Enjoying the life that my DAD gave to his other woman's child?" you
"Need something? Is the world gonna end and you're here, approaching me?" I said blankly teasing him. "If this is about George, are you threatening that she might know your true color?"

He grabbed my arm and held it so tight, "Don't you f*cking dare tell her all of your lies—"

"Else what? You will kill me like what you did to my mother?! Come on, Lance!" I mocked him "Bring it f*cking on!"

He hardly pushed me and let go of me.

I smiled at the idea that my brother is too pissed with me. My brother, Lance Matthew Demitre. Yes, you're right, this man, this monster, we have the same blood flowing through our veins.

"Don't you f*cking dare, Kairis! Maybe you want me to wipe the man you loved in this f*cking Earth." I looked at David's place because of Lance's threat.

My heart became scared for the life of David, but how did he know my secret? Only my friends know that!

"With just one call to my men, maybe you will find his cold body, the body of your beloved David Romero." He chuckled like the devil.

"With just one word from me, my friend will make your life a living hell! Don't you know it?" I said back to him, "What will be George's reaction when she knows that YOU are the person behind her father's accident? I'm sure that you are a bad shot to her!" I shrugged to mock him more.

He grabbed my neck too fast and strung it. His eyes are filled with too much anger while looking at me, "You are my sibling!" His tone is full of disgust, the same with his words. After a minute, he let go of my neck, "But I'll spare your life this time, Kairis. I need you for my plan, my half-sister!"

" You think that I will obey you, Lance?!" I sarcastically said.

He smirks and looks again in David's direction, "This moment, I have my men pointing their sniper towards the head of your beloved."

I stood and he was right. There's a red dot at the forehead of David while waving at me.

"You son of a b*tch!"

"We're just the same, sister." He turned around and walked away.

I ran towards David and looked for the sniper that my insane brother was talking about. I saw him from near the hotel room and removed his gun from the last position.

I can breathe properly because of that.

"Are you okay, Kai? You look so pale." He touched my forehead to check my body temperature.

I removed his hand because it had a huge effect on me. His hand was too warm for my skin. It's like I'm draining, "I'm fine. Let's go!" I pulled him out of that place because of my brother's threat. And if it happens, he will face the monster I have inside me.

He let me pull him even though he didn't know where I would take him. We just walked and walked everywhere. I just want to put him out of danger and to the people you will do it.

"Hey!" He stopped and pulled me to him.

I dove onto his chest and I almost stripped, but he immediately grabbed me by the waist. For that, I have the strength to stand, but he never let me go.

My eyes widen when he smiles and continue to fall for that again and again.

He pinched my cheek, "You're too cute when you blushed, did you know that?" He chuckled and locked me in his embrace.

"D-David..."

We stayed like that for minutes, and then I decided to push him away, but he never let me. Instead, he pulled me into a tighter hug, "Let's stay like this for a while, Kai. I need this hug. I need need you." He whispered. "I need an embrace from a friend because..." He paused, "It's too d*mn painful to bear."

How about me, David? Can I hug you so tight for us to stay like this forever? For you to love me back? For you to see me...to need me always. Can you give me the same intensity of love you gave to George and David?

When he hugged me, tears fell because my shoulder was now waiting for his tears. He is crying on my shoulder.

"I love you so much!"

***

I AM HUGGING MY FEET while reminiscing about the scene earlier. When I told him those words, he was like someone threw a bucket of ice water and I felt how David distanced himself from me.

"Can you love me, David? Is that difficult to do? What do George have that I haven't?" I asked myself, "I can be her if you want me to. I can do everything for you to love me, David!" I shouted in front of the shore.

I heard sounds nearby, so I stopped for a moment. I stood and looked around. Finding the person who is looking at me, "Who is it?!"

I walk towards the place where I can hear those noises and when I look in the tall grass, I don't see anyone, only a piece of paper. I picked it and when I opened it, I just wanted to know this person right away.

Dear Kairis,
Don't waste your tears on the person who can't cry for you. Maybe he is not really for you. I hope you are okay and I hope I can introduce myself to you, to the woman who is very beautiful, amazing, and kindest person I have known.

I looked around and I didn't see any figure of a person, but whoever he was, I hoped that too. That someday, I can know him/her to thank that person.

"Thank you!" I shouted hoping for that person to hear me.