CHAPTER 21

George Ashley PoV

I WOKE UP LIKE my head was hammering with thousands of hammers. My head is splitting in half for this, but I still choose to go to McKnight even though I'm not feeling well.

"You want more alcohol?" Janella sarcastically mocked me.

We are now okay. My barkada is now talking to me like nothing happened among us. We just want to forget about it, like what Kris demanded of everyone. She's the Boss after all.

I gave her a fake smile and massaged my forehead.

Someone put medicine on my table. It's a hangover reliever, "Drink this. It may ease that pain." He put his belongings on the next chair beside me.

"T-Thanks," I said because I was so embarrassed for what I'd done last night in the bar, mostly I am with him.

He smiled and left.

I received teasing from Janella, "Muling ibalik ang tamis ng kahapon, muling-"

"Shut up, Janella. You are a pain in my ears!" Kairis appeared and stopped our friends from making the sky pour rain.

Our classmates laughed when Kairis and Janella once fought. It's just a friend fight. But my eyes remained looking at the medicine he gave to me. Jeric gave this to me. I smiled at his small gestures for giving me this. I felt the same kilig I experienced when everything was normal between us.

But before I deepened my thoughts, it changed because of my father's words when we were in the hospital. How my father obeyed Lance's words. That devil's threat. He wants me.

"I wish I could, but I can't" I whispered and I knew that that Janella and Kairis heard that. I looked at them, "Soon, my life will gonna change, but the difference is...big time changes." A simple sentence but with a meaningful message for them.

Because for the next few months, the cycle of my life will change. I need to leave the life I have for Lance. I don't want to do this. I don't want to marry the man who planned to kill my father. A merciless man I know. Even if I don't want to, I don't have any f*cking choice!

"What do you mean, Geo? What changes?" I know that they are still clueless, mostly Kairis because she used to be my dairy, but now. She doesn't know anything.

"My Dad wants me to get married...fixed marriage. " I simply said. "I don't have any other choice, we are in a big debt towards my soon-to-be husband. My fiance." I lied because I knew that Lance was around. Observing my every move and hearing every word I say.

My best friends hugged me.

I am so sorry, Janella and Kairis, but I need to do this for you. I don't want the idea of lying to both of you, but I am too scared that you will both be involved in this mess.