CHAPTER 10

George Ashley PoV

WHEN I WOKE UP, my eyes are swollen. My body feels heavy, but I choose to stand on my bed. I don't want to be a burden on every people beside me mostly to my family. I've done enough.

While I was on the stairs, I heard laughter and voices downstairs. I slowly saw the figure of a man's back, who was still talking with my Dad.

"I am sure that my daughter will be delighted to see you again. She missed you so much and I'll be in much relief when she's with you, right Karen?" I recognized that figure. My mind is telling me that I know who owned that broad shoulder and ash gray hair.

"You're already here, Ashley!" my Mom shouted.

When the man turns his head. I recognized who he was really.

"Ash!" He called me and like a kid ran towards me. He used the same nickname since we were just a kid.

He locked me in his embrace, but when he felt my body temperature. His eyebrow crossed and put the back of his hand on my neck.

"You have a fever and..." He looked closer, "Did you cry last night?"

This is Lance Matthew Demitre. My childhood best friend, who studied abroad, the US to be exact. He's kind and my knight in shining armor when somebody is bullying me. He was always my protector. He is the man that even distances separate us, he never leaves me. Making me feel special is what he loved to do.

I smiled and gave him an embrace again, "I missed you, Lance!"

He chuckled and kissed my forehead. "I also do, Ash. Don't you worry too much because I'll never leave your side again? I will take my business management course here, with you. So, I will not miss your cute cheeks anymore, even if you lose too much weight."

I pushed him slowly and looked at him with a wide smile, "Really?" I was like a kid when I asked that. Pft!

He nodded while smiling. He touched my cheek and kissed my forehead again. "Too slow as always." Lance laughs at me, so I pinch him on his side. "Ouch!"

We talk about our lives and sometimes, I laugh because of his hilarious experience in the States. But it didn't last for too long because I needed to rest. I excused myself today and Lance is true to his promise. He took care of me until my fever disappeared.

"Thanks for taking care of me. You are always my Lance, my savior all the time I need him," I am grateful for his help every time in my life "How about Uncle and Auntie? Do they come home too?"

Lance put the towel in the basin "No, they can't. My Dad was too busy for unnecessary things." I can sense the wrath he has for his father. We found out that Uncle Samuel had another child with another woman. He hid it from everyone, but now, I'm eager to know Lance's sibling. "He is still trying his best to gain connection from the b*tch and his daughter!"