PREFACE

George Ashley's PoV

I RAN AWAY FROM HIM. I don't want to hear his explanation about what happened in the past. I don't need the answer that I asked him multiple times before. What is the point of that if he already hurt me?!

"What do you need to hear for you to understand that I will never trust your words ever again?!" I yelled when he pulled my arm, "Don't you see it or I was the only one who can?! It is not for me or you that love you are talking about! We will both be hurt in the end if we continue what you want to happen! So, please!" I pulled my hand and continued walking. I can't stand being in one place with him.

"You know to yourself that we both be hurt if we both hide our true feelings. You already said before that it is okay to convey everything that we think rather than regret it in last that we didn't do everything to tell it to the person we love the most, how important that person is to our life!" He reminds me of what I said to him when I confessed my feelings for him.

My feet froze and I'll say that his words affected me. I don't know why I need to stop if I can continue walking away from him.

"I love you so much, George! I'm sorry if it takes too long for you to have it that I deprived you. Sorry if I let you feel that I play with your feelings, but I think it's normal to feel fear, right? I feared that what you said was not true. I am willing to risk everything for you, to have you back, my Love!"

My heart stopped a beat when I heard those words. It's like time became slow and the only thing I knew was that, he was already in front of me again. He is looking at me while surrounded by thousands of students like us.

His hand touches my cheek to wipe the tears that escape from my eyes. Those pair of brown eyes brought me to the deepest part of his soul like how he did before. It is like those eyes answered my questions here in my heart.

"The night when we danced together was the happiest day of my life, George. To touch and be near you is life for me. So, I can't survive again seeing you crying again because of me. I love you so much and I hope you still love me too."

I heard everyone's giggles, but my heart. The loudness of its beat was the only thing I knew. My head is telling me to run and not trust him because he will just fool me, but this heart of mine is telling me to give him a chance. Hoping that everything that happened today is real.

I looked around and I remembered when he ran away from our supposedly fake wedding on Valentine's Day in school. How he made me a fool while seeing him running away from me like I have a deadly virus.

I step back at carefully push him. There are a lot of things running to my mind and I don't receive a good answer. "Stay away from me, Jeric. I am begging you to stop your lies!" I turn around. I walk and run at the same time.

While running, I heard clearly how the people around us talking about what I had done earlier. How they pity what I've done to Jeric and judge my whole identity. How picky I am to reject that ideal man.

***

I WAS AT THE CAMPUS building looking for something, and I got the chance to see the full view of McKnight University.

I don't know what is the right to feel after hearing those from him. I want to forget and live on what I have right now, but why did he need to open it that I already chose to forget?

"I am right that I can find you here, woman." I look at my back, looking for the owner of that baritone voice that wakes me while thinking, "You take my place again."

I laugh weakly. He sat with me and joined me in viewing our surroundings. I spend too much time that I forget that I have different subjects to attend to.

"I heard the news on what happened in the park. Are you okay?"

I look beneath and there are a lot of students who enter their room. They are noisy and maybe, they are talking about what happened earlier.

"It is difficult to love him, David, and he makes it more difficult this time." I closed my eyes and reminisced about the scenes of us before. "If he confesses it more early. Maybe I have the guts to disregard everything, but things are different now. He already ruined me and my family. I already started a new life that I want without him."

"Love me instead, George." He joked around, but I felt like he was struggling with our situation. He loved me, but I loved him as a friend only, "But if you loved someone, you would ignore everyone's words towards you. Focus on what your heart says."

I laugh again because his lines are like what I heard in TV lines, "I already done that, David but it hurt me instead. It slapped me hard after giving my everything to fight for my feelings to him and what is the purpose of that 'love' if the only thing I saw through him is his wrath towards my family."

I felt his warm palm on mine. I looked at him, "It is part of loving someone, George. You're lucky enough to give you another chance to change everything. To love the person you treasure. Yes, I loved you, but don't waste my sacrifice for you to choose to hurt yourself instead."