Chapter 68: Clear! No Heartbeat

I'm at Richard's and I have a killer headache. We came yesterday at 2 or 3 am and enjoyed our day to the max. The sun shined into the window I groaned "wake up clumsy" Richard said, "no leave me be" I said, "nope" he threw himself making the bed jump "please Richard I'm not joking, I'm tired" I said looking at him "Are you serious?" I nodded "what's wrong?" He pushed the hair out of my face "I'm tired and I have a headache" I said, "do you need aspirin?" I shook my head "I just need some sleep and if I wake up with a headache I will take one" he nodded and closed the curtains.

Richard POV

I don't like how Lina looks today she's tired and not active at all. She looks pale and has a killer headache. She hasn't eaten anything and she's been laying in bed all day. "hey Dr. Schmidt how are you" he nodded "what's wrong?" "My fiancée, she's not looking good," I said.

"Describe what you're seeing and what she told you" "she's very tired and unlike her personality, she isn't active, she looks very pale and has a headache and she didn't eat anything today. She's been laying in bed all day," "can't she be pregnant?" He suggested I chuckled.

"Oh, you're serious?" He nodded "we never did it" he looked shocked "ok so cross that out" "oh and she has severe asthma if that helps with anything" "is she hot?" He asked "excuse me? Are you asking if my fiancée is hot?" "Jesus Christ" he took off his glasses.

"Is her temperature high?" He asked, "oh, I'm sorry." I walked towards her she was sleeping "how do I know if it's high?" I whispered, and he told me how to do it and it turns out she was "Doctor she's breathing heavily," I said "get her to the hospital now" "what?" I was beginning to get worried "get her to the hospital and call her doctor"

We were on our way to the hospital and she was wheezing and still sleeping "help" I yelled "she has a fever, severe asthma, and has been sleeping all day" I put her on the bed while a man came and kept saying words I couldn't understand "has she been like this all day?" I nodded "yesterday?" I shook my head, "her heartbeat's dropping" I was shocked.

They began doing CPR "nothing" the woman shook her head, and they opened her shirt "on 200 V" the doctor put the defibrillator on her chest "clear" they got back her body was pulled upwards, and she looked lifeless. I was crying, the woman did CPR again "280 V" and they put the defibrillator on her again "nothing?" She nodded "400 V" "we can't," the woman nurse said, "400 V" the doctor repeated "ok" she did the third time and her heart started beating I sigh and slid down the wall "never leave her that long unmonitored when tired," he said and walked away.

"So, she had a cardiac arrest. The weather is not that good plus she had a fever so her lungs were blocked causing a cardiac arrest." I nodded "Is she going to be ok?" "yeah but she needs to be here for a few days until she gets better" I nodded "no comas?" I asked, he chuckled and shook his head. I wasn't joking.

I got into the room and saw her sleeping in peace. It was so damn serious this time. "hey Richie" she played in my hair "hello darling" I said in British to ease her pain she chuckled "what happened?" "you had a fever and had a cardiac arrest" she put her hand on her mouth, I nodded "but here you are better than new" she smiled sadly and hugged me.

It's been a week and everything is fine and today I'm making Lina a surprise.

"I feel good" "good," I said, "so can we go now?" I put my hand on her forehead "I think you are warm" "I'm fine Richard, let's go on our date" I nodded.

Valentina POV

I'm so excited about our date, the last few days were horrible and Richard seemed desperate. I hate seeing him like that. I was staying at his as he insisted to take care of me.

"So ready?" We were at the Marriott hotel a bit far away from home. Like really far away from home. "yeah" I nodded smiling "ok here we go" he opened the doors and there was a big hall full of flowers and a kind of orchestra nobody was here, just us. Richard and I.

"Wow, Richard this is amazing" I looked at him "like really thank you" I pulled us close to each other and looked up at him. "it's amazing" he held my hand that was on his chest and kissed it "you deserve more" "quit saying that, you're spoiling me" "and I love spoiling you" I blushed, he pulled me to the table "where are the people?" I asked, "this hall is ours tonight" I looked at him with admiration "that's too much Richie" "not for you," he said, "you're a flirt," I said sitting down on the chair he pulled me "don't tell me you cooked the food" "nope, that I didn't cook them, don't want you to get food poisoning," he said chuckling "your pasta's great, and pie," I said moaning "oh your pie" "stop that," he said I smiled.

We ate and it was amazing "up for a dance?" I nodded he held his hand up for me which I gladly took the song began. "oh my god I love this song" I said, "me too" he looked down at me with love. "and life is like a song" we sang to the violin "at last" we sang. When it came to the high point he twirled me and pulled me back to his chest I giggled "you're way too cute" I blushed "Richard you know I can't keep up with the words you say" I said making him smirk "I'm way too good I know" he pushed his invisible hair behind his shoulder.

"So you're flirting lies?" I was just teasing him "what? What? Wait no?" He said I laughed "I'm stating the truth" I was about to fall from laughing "chill I'm joking" "haha" I hugged him, "so up for dessert?" I nodded gladly smiling.

We were going home "now, now you have to drive safely because it's way too dark and we don't want to get into an accident" "well we're not going home," he said, "what now?" "We're going to stay here for the next couple of days," he said heading to the elevator "what? How?" I asked "but we have work and Munchkin and tomorrow after work is the dress fitting and-" "no butts, no work, no dress fittings, and Munchkin is with Joelle" I looked down half convinced.

"We didn't even apologize for work and tell your parents and friends" "well I told my parents and apologized for both of us and why do you want our friends to know?" He asked "well because we have things to do for the wedding" I answered his question "fuck them we're in no hurry" "first of all language" I pointed at him "sorry" "and second of all, they're going to call us nonstop" I stated "well I don't have our chargers" I smiled "okki" I said and put my hand in his "ok" he kissed my nose.

We were on the top floor "Richard isn't that the floor of the presidential suite?" He nodded and opened the door "Richard, is that even legal?" "I have sources" he shrugged his shoulders "Richard," I said, "Richard" "shhh," he said, "it's ok I promise" I nodded, I trust him. He never lied to me.

"So I don't have any clothes," I said, "yes you do," he said, "look in the closet" "Richard how did you plan this all out on your own?" I asked him "how?" I was speechless "ok, I'm going to change" he chuckled.

We were laying in bed. "this was amazing, thank you for the date. For everything, like literally it means a lot." He smiled as I laid my head on his chest. He caressed my hair. "you deserve the world Valentina" I smiled. I kissed him a long kiss on the lips, "good night love" "good night Lina"

"Stop," I said laughing "stop please Richard" he was throwing water at me. We were in the pool "nope" he said then sank into the water "what are you doing?" I asked my laugh turned into a chuckle, then he carried me from my hips from under the water then threw us further away. I continued laughing. When we got up I put my index finger on his chest "stop" I said trying to sound serious but ended up laughing. "stop what?" "that" I pointed at our surroundings "or else" I continued "or else what Valentina Rosie Hart?" "or else we're going home," I said "haha we are not" "yes we're not," I said "but" I tried thinking of something else "but what?" "I can do that" I got out of the water he groaned. I said laying on the pool chaise lounge and drying myself up. "hey that's not fair"