Chapter 32: I Thought I Could Trust You

Valentina POV

We were watching tv and the only thing on my mind was that I had to tell him. A relationship is built on honesty and trust. I took the remote and closed the tv "hey I was watching that" "we need to talk" I sat straight, and he nodded.

"Remember when I told you where I came from and such and such?" He nodded "well that isn't all" I sigh not wanting to relive and remember these memories again. "I was born a chubby child, I wasn't fat but also not the slimmest in my family. I got bullied all the way through school. I had asthma since I was a baby and bad immunity as well. So at a point in my life, I decided it was enough, I became anorexic and was just a set of bones. My asthma became severe and I was transferred from one hospital to another. I would stay in a coma for months. My hair fell off and I was just weak. From heartache, my father died and a month later my mother died. You deserve someone healthy with a guaranteed future. I guarantee you that nobody can love you more than I do but I don't deserve you Richard you deserve better. You deserve the best."

He engulfed me in a hug, I didn't expect that. "I'm not going to leave you. Not after I found you. Not after I understood the meaning of love and life with you in it. Every day I wake up knowing that there is no chance I could love you more than I do but every second I see you I love you more and more. I know I can't promise to fix all your problems but I promise that you won't face them alone." "so you're not going to leave me even if it's for the best for you?" I asked him "nope, cause you're the best for me" I smiled.

All I remember is that we fell asleep on the sofa and now I'm in the bed covered and Richard is not here. I looked at my phone and nothing. I drank water and took a breath from my inhaler and then texted Richard.

"Morning love. Where are you?"

I left my phone and made myself a coffee and ate breakfast. After I finished I decided it was time to start taking care of myself, I have a person who I'm looking forward to spending my life with. I put the medicine in the nebulizer and started to breathe in and out.

After like an hour I showered, got dressed, and cleaned a bit and Richard still didn't answer. I called his phone user busy on his house answer machine. I shouldn't have told him.

"Hi, Nicole how are you?" I called her "I'm good how are you?" "nothing new. Am I interrupting anything?" I asked "not at all," she said "do you know anything about Richard? I'm scared something might've happened to him. I told him yesterday, and we were good then I woke up and didn't find him"

"I don't know Callan just hung up with him, did you try calling him on the phone and in his house?" She asked me "yeah, user busy and answer machine" I sigh "I'm sorry Valentina I don't know. I can check and call you if you want" "yeah that'd be great, thank you"

It's 5 pm and still nothing. I shouldn't have told him. It's too much for anyone to take all that in at a time. At least I'm going to see him tomorrow, I'm not going to overreact, it's not good for me and I don't want to cause a scene.

I entered Richard's office and closed it behind me "Richard Lee Pierce" he looked at me as if nothing happened "am I in trouble?" "no not at all, you just left me yesterday, no note, no calls, no texts. When the day before I had just told you something I hated about myself and was something that caused me a problem with myself. I showed you how vulnerable I was and still am. You showed me nothing but how they treated me" tears filled my eyes "you broke a rule, Richard. I thought I could trust you, you told me you were not going to leave me and that we will fix all our problems together" I looked him in the eyes.

"Nothing is wrong Richard in fact everyth-" my throat begins closing up "are you ok" he came closer to me, "I'm fine" I walked out of his office. "Lina" he whisper shouted "I'm fine"

I went into my office when I realized I had a meeting with Richard's father, Richard, and a client. "ugh I hate my life" I had a presentation to do, yup today.

"I'm sorry I'm late" I walked in and sat nowhere near Richard, I'm just mad at him. "don't worry we didn't begin yet," Mr. Pierce said, "Larry didn't come yet, he said he was gathering some papers" Richard was getting up walking towards me when Larry entered he sat again "can you please begin your presentation?"

"so as you can see Mr. Pierce and Mr. Richard Pierce will have offered you a great deal and advertisement to your company which will bring you a lot of profits, of course after the percentage Larry, you and Mr. Richard Pierce have negotiated about." The deal was done. And I tried my best to get out of the meeting room quickly.

Everyone was out and I was still gathering my papers and stuff. "Valentina" Richard called me "No," I said "Valentina, just hear me out" he begged, maybe just hear him out. Maybe he has an explanation. "No, Richard. You, you." I began when tears filled my eyes "Look, I just can't. I can't now. I'm tired and I don't want to get more emotional than I already am ok? I don't want to hurt even more" 

"Valentina," Richard followed me to my office "I have a lot of work and I really don't want to go home late today. Not that I have anything to do or anyone to hang with any more" I got inside my office and rested my head on the desk. "Valentina, I'm sorry ok?" "ok, Richard. Everything's fine. Can you go now? 'Cause I have a lot of work to do." I opened the door and he sighed walking out.