Chapter 46: This Is Goodbye Then

We were in my house, "Make yourself a drink, I'm going to get dressed and be right back," "ok" he said, we walked up the stairs and I entered my room.

"Where did you get that dress from?" he looked at the dress on the shelf "uhh I don't remember," I said, it was the dress Elena told me to throw away, I literally forgot to do that or even return it. "Do you like it?" "Would you be mad if I said I didn't? It gives me bad vibes" I chuckled "Well I don't like it either, I was about to return it or exchange it" he smiled.

"Richard, can you pass me the wallet on the first shelf?" I asked him beginning to pack my bag "yeah" I heard him walking to the shelf.

"Valentina, what is this?" He asked me coming to me holding a big staple of papers "umm" he had the arrangement papers "what is this?" He began looking through them "they're nothing" I walked towards him, and he sat on the couch going through them "these are not for you, right?" "umm" I was beginning to get nervous, "right?" His voice increased.

"I can explain," I said, "the doctor said I don't have time, she told me I don't have four months" tears were beginning to come to my eyes as well as his. "I didn't have anyone, I would've died alone. I didn't have you. I gave up, that I didn't even take my medications, didn't eat, and didn't go out" I said.

"Till now nobody knows if I'm going to live or die. I try and try, but there is no use. I gave up and lost all the hopes I once had." I looked down "but, you are not going to die, I, I'm with you" he had tears in his eyes "I'm trying my best Richie" I put my hand on his cheek, and he leaned in my palm and kissed it "I'm doing my best to not give up, I have you," I said, "and since you came, I began getting those attacks less, my nightmares lessened, everything is beginning to get good" He hugged me. "since we were together, I wanted to live, tried my best to live. Because I want to live my life with you, not anyone else. Just you Richard Pierce." I pointed at his chest.

"I'm never leaving you Richie" I stated, "you know what?" I took the pile of paper and threw it in the bin "we don't need that anymore" I said "I love you, Valentina, you are the only meaning in my life, without you I am nothing" he said "I can never live without you" he continued "I'm not leaving you Richie" I said, "Do you promise?" He asked me "promise" I looked him in the eyes "pinky promise?" He held out his pinky "pinky promise, I love you, love" "I love you princess."

We're with Richard's friends now "wow dude, what happened to your hand" Richard smirked and looked at me, "and your lip" James continued. "You have a bruise on your lips, makes you much attractive" Zara teased him "however, she marked you several times. Let me see, jawline, behind ear, neck, and collarbone" she chuckled, Richard looked at me evily "I don't think anyone would like to come near what's her's, you're marked boy." I chuckled with a blush on my face.

 "Ahhhhh I know, they were kissing" Maxine said, "No we weren't" "yes we were" both of us said at the same time. Of course, they believed him since they had evidence. 

I noticed today that Maxine and John were in a bit of tension I don't know why. They seemed distant from each other and not in a good way. They didn't even talk to each other. Maxine seemed like she was trying to hold a conversation with him but they didn't last long. John seemed distant in another world, not a good one by the way.

The guys walked away and were talking by the bar "Max are you ok?" She looked at me "Yeah I'm fine" "you don't look ok, you're a little down." I put my hand on her shoulder "is it really that obvious?" "I mean I saw it, did anyone else ask you?" She shook her head "I'm just not in the mood." I nodded "you can talk to me if you want" she nodded "I know thank you. It's nothing I promise" I nodded.

The night went smoothly away except Maxine and John left early. I was worried about her, very worried.

"So this is goodbye then," Richard said, I chuckled "don't say it like that, that seems like I'm dying or something" then I realized what I said, I hugged him "I didn't mean that I'm sorry" he was very sensitive about that topic since that day in the hospital and clearly today.

"All I meant is that I'm seeing you after" I took his hand "about 9 hours" I put his hand on my heart, holding it tight "it's just not a goodbye, it's see you in a bit," I said. A tear left his eye "oh my god Richard I'm sorry" he fell on his knees and put his head on my chest and hugged me "please never leave me" "I won't, I'm right here" I put my hand on his cheek "please, I beg you. I can't live without you."

"I won't, I promise. Come, you don't have to go home. Sleep with me tonight." I held his hand and walked to my bedroom. He changed and laid on the bed and hugged me to sleep. "I'm sorry baby," I said.

After a bit, he slept but I was just crying, it hurt every bit of me at the thought of seeing him cry again. It breaks my heart to see him crying.

It's 2 am and I don't want to close my eyes. I don't want to take my eyes off of him, of the angel and best piece of art of god's creations. "I love you, baby, so much. I'm not going to leave you, never" I whispered, I wiped a tear.

When my eyes were closing I heard the doorbell ring, it was 3 am I got up and wore my robe, and opened the door. "Oh sweet Jesus what happened to you come in"