Chapter 06: If, Only If-

"So Britany, tell me about her." "she wants Mr. Pierce. Like so bad they fight a lot." She said, "But that's not even healthy for relationships," I told her, she spit her wine laughing

"Mr. Pierce would never be with someone like Britany, you know they fight as if they were a couple, but Richard bless him. You don't mind if I say that right" I shook my head "it's been two years and he could've fired her but he stood by and had patience." "He has temper issues right?" I asked she nodded "But why does he keep her for two whole years and has patience for her when he could've fired her?" She shrugged her shoulders.

Maybe he has feelings for her but doesn't want to admit it, after all, she kind of looks nice, not that kind but is pretty.

"Can I ask you a question?" "yes" I nodded "what bomb did you plant in his office?" "I told him, that if a relationship is that bad for him he shouldn't continue, and that it's not worth it." She slapped her hand on her mouth, and then collapsed on her back laughing "stop it, tomorrow I'm going to be the laugh of the company."

The doorbell rang "I'm going to get it until you finish your hysterical laughter" I walked to the door and it rang again.

"Just a second for God's sa-" the words died from my mouth when I saw Mr. Pierce. "Good evening Valentina" I heard Mia still laughing not hearing that he was here "Good evening, Mr. Pierce. Come in" what is he doing here? Like ok. I like him. He was in a white shirt and a pair of sweatpants. Why does he look so good?

Officially rule 4 and 8 are broken, but they can be fixed if, only if-

"Valentina," her voice was coming down from upstairs. "Are you with someone?" He asked me "excuse me?" "is someone here with you I mean now?" I laughed, "yes, it's Mia" "who was at the door darling?" Mia asked "Oh for the sweet love of Jesus Christ" I slipped in my chair waiting for her to see him "is that, am I?" She looked at me. She wore her shoes and took off.

"I'm sorry about that," I said, "A drink?" "water please" I gave him a cup. "so," I said, "I'm sorry," I said, "It's my first day I just barge in and tell you it's not healthy. Like who am I." "I am sorry I gave you a look that just made you run out of the office and dude making me come here." He said. I chuckled, "well do you want something to drink like real this time?" "wine?" he asked "I approve" he laughed "just a minute"

And this night was amazing with my boss, we may have sometimes discussed work or so, but for me, I sat with someone I liked and I think the feelings are developing, however, I have to stop them. I don't want my heart to get broken again. My heart is too fragile for them for those feelings, and I'm not ready for it, I'm not ready for a relationship, and neither is he. I don't know him, but nobody is ready for my problems, and I am not ready for heartache. I know that without even knowing him, plus he's too nice for me and that I know with spending with him only 18 hours. He deserves a beautiful healthy woman.