Chapter 48: It Would Break Him

We were at Xander and Zara's "ok, look at me. Head held high, back straight, and be confident. He didn't win." "ready?" Zara asked "absolutely" she was definitely lying, but I knew she wanted to do it. "I'm here ok?" She nodded.

Zara opened the door and entered "they're on the terrace" I can hear them talking, and Nina tensed up a bit. Maxine entered the room and they looked at her, Richard shook his head sliding himself down the chair "sweet mercy" he whispered, my boy. I sat next to him "they may have overreacted on the clothes a bit" I whispered to Richard "you think?" he said sarcastically "do you think it's gonna work?" "What?" he looked at me "the plan" he nodded.

"What the fuck are you wearing?" John asked standing up, Maxine looked at me I nodded giving her a sign to talk.

"Some clothes, why do you care?" "well because I" he stopped, she crossed her hand in front of her chest. "can you cover up" "why?" she asked confidently "well, firstly, because those clothes aren't you and you look weird. What are those? From Dollerama or something" "hey, they're Chanel, Versace, Valentino, and Dior" Michelle said quite upset "of course, our fashionista has to defend her clothes" John made fun of Michelle's items "hey watch it" James came and stood in front of Michelle, that's the first time I actually saw James serious.

"You don't have a word in my life anymore. You broke up with me, I can do whatever I want now." Max said with full confidence

"But you should be crying" "ha, should be. And why should I? Why can't you?" She asked "can we talk, in private" he held her hand and pulled her inside.

"How did you even think of this plan?" Richard asked me privately "were you thinking of getting me back?" he smirked, "were you thinking of breaking up with me?" "Oh. Didn't think of that" I chuckled at his response "because if you do break up with me I'm gonna do something much worse" I played in one of my locks "what? Kill me?" "nope" I got up "then what?" "Quit, change my number, move back to England so that you don't get to see me again or hear my voice, oh and I'll tell Elena" I chuckled "good thing I'm not going to" "why are we talking about that again?" I asked "oh yeah why?" he laughed and I joined him.

In the run of the evening, Maxine was faking laughing, she looked hurt. And she kept drinking and drinking "so, how about we go out sometime?" Nicole asked, "aren't we out?" Michelle responded "I mean like out. Like a club or something" "oh" Michelle drank a sip of wine. Maxine got up and poured herself whiskey again.

"Maxine, I think that's enough" I put my hand on her cup. "come on we're going home," John said, "No, we are not going home. We don't live with each other anymore." "come on don't make a scene" John grabbed her hand "A scene? A scene? Oh, a scene. Why can't I? Huh?" She looked directly into his eyes "I mean you did today when you grabbed me in here to 'privately talk' oh or" she chuckled "or yesterday when I made dinner and lit us candles and bought the wine you liked that one doesn't find easily and your majesty came at 1 am and broke a fight with me and left me wandering at 2 am barely wearing clothes in the fucking rain with no fucking where to go." she shouted, "you left me to the streets" she put her cup on the counter "knowing that it's not safe to be wandering in the streets of the great state of New York at midnight. You fucking broke up with me and today you come and tell me 'what are you wearing?' I fucking wear what I want to wear." "come on Maxine, I have to bring you home" he hissed "no, leave me"

He continued dragging her to the door "John stop it," I said since nobody had the guts to talk.

I stood in front of Maxine "She's sleeping at mine tonight," he chuckled "ahhh, so you are the one that brainwashed her. Wow, great work" he clapped his hands making the sound echo throughout the big house "the infamous Valentina Hart. From England, Valentina from England. The one that made everyone fall in love with her. The one that made the heartless Richard Pierce fall in love with her, for her charms"

"You are a bitch" Richard hit him "Richard stop" I tried pulling him away, but the guys pulled him away.

"Don't you dare, say something about her. You are an asshole. Cause she is an angel, better than any of you." He pointed at all of them "She stayed up all night sitting on a damn chair to make sure your girlfriend is ok. Making her tea, covering her with a damn blanket. And she's what now? She's not the one that left Maxine running in the rain at 3 am barely wearing clothes, crying her eyes out"

"Ahh, the sweet taste of metal and blood" John smirked chuckling putting his finger on the wound of his lip, "you think I don't know? Do you think we all don't know? You don't care about anyone, you'll die after what? 3 months max. You'll have ruined everything." "John," Olivia said "wanted to live your life for the last three months so you came for him. For his money, drinks, food, expensive clothes"

"Leave me" Richard yelled at the guys who were holding him. "I'm sorry if I have caused so much trouble. I never meant to, and you were nothing but good to me. I for all don't need anything from anyone. I didn't mean to break anyone's hearts or damage their lives especially not Richard. Because somehow I know how it feels to be broken. If I knew I would die after three months I wouldn't have been with him, because, because it would break him. I'm sorry if I was such a burden on you, I never wanted to cause such harm. I would've loved him under any condition if he was poor or rich and if he was a janitor or a CEO" I said.

"Valentina, he doesn't mean it, don't go," Justine said, "I know, he just had a few extra drinks today. But I need to just be alone for now" I closed the door and just sobbed. "leave me" I heard Richard scream. I walked and didn't want to go to my house, knowing they'll come. I didn't have but one option, I'm going to call Mia.