Chapter 39: You're Freaking Her Out

It's Friday and I just got home from work and Richard was going to come to pick me up to go to his parent's house. I made some kinds of cookies that my mom had the recipe for. I am so excited but anxious that his mother and siblings won't like me. It's like oh God. I'm freaking out.

I packed my bag which was just a Pj and medication because I was staying at Richard's tonight. Munchkin is at one of my friends. I'm going to screw it up. His mom won't like me. I know it, it's weird enough that his father likes me.

The doorbell rang and I'm not even ready. "hey" I said and ran upstairs into my bedroom "help yourself into whatever" I said, he walked upstairs after me "aren't you ready?" I walked out and shook my head, "are you crazy? I can't possibly meet your family like that?" I said as he walked toward me "you look amazing" he put his arms around my waist "you're just saying that because you want us to go" "me? Ohh no we can stay here all night I mean. I like spending time with you alone. I mean" he stopped talking "it's us alone, no one shouting, it's quiet, we cuddle, laugh. But look at you like a Goddess." I smiled "really? I think this dress makes me look fat."

"What? You look gorgeous, you're not fat. Never say that about yourself again. You're beautiful, love" he put his hand on my cheek "really?" He nodded "but I'm scared, what if they don't like me." "Who wouldn't like you? I guarantee you, they'll love you. And by the way, my dad is the hardest to please" I smiled "your sixth?" He asked me about the number of times I changed my outfit "thirteenth" I looked down "you're ready, you look beautiful and gorgeous as always."

We arrived at their house, it's really nice and lovely. "can we go home now?" I asked while he closed the car "like now. Drive drive" he chuckled "look I'm going to be there with you every second. Don't worry ok whenever you want to go give me a sign, like this" he winked making me laugh "what? I'm showing you our sign" I continued laughing. "ok ok fine don't wink. Let me think" "I swear to god you're a child" I looked at him "Let's go" he smiled opening the door.

I rang the bell. "don't worry" he whispered in my ears. The door was opened energetically, I looked and saw Richard's mom, she was so elegant and had simple makeup on and a smile on her face. Do I look bad? "Oh my God," she said and hugged me tightly. "Finally I got to meet you. The Valentina." I smiled "You look, gorgeous darling, come in come in" "thank you, Mrs. Pierce," I thanked her "Oh no no no," she said, did I say something wrong "there are no Mrs. here, they made me grow, you're my only way out" I chuckled "let's keep it casual, Christine," she said "It's really nice to meet you, Christine, I brought you cookies. I'm sorry I didn't get to go out and buy something" I said, "Thank you, you shouldn't have."

"Valentina, how are you?" Richard's father came "I'm good, how are you?" I asked him "I'm great, thank you."

We sat and talked and I saw Richard's photos "oh my god you looked adorable" "where is she?" Someone barged in "Where's who?" Another voice said. "my breath in this family" a girl came and hugged me "finally," "Joelle you're freaking her out" a guy said, "oh right, hi I'm Joelle. I'm Richard's sister. I'm sorry for freaking you out. I'm just so so so so so excited to meet you. I'm talking fast, aren't I? I'm just very happy that there finally is another woman in this family." She hugged me again and I hugged her back. "I'm sorry for being weird," she said, "no not at all. You should see me all the time literally," "trust me when I say this no one is like her" Richard looked at me "number one. I love her. Number two I love her. Number three I love her accent. Number four I love her honesty." I chuckled "Hi I'm Daniel. I think I'm adopted nowhere near their craziness" I love them "dinner's ready" Christine said.