Chapter 15: Just a Friend

I just got off the plane and searched for Mia "Valentina" I heard Richard's voice "hello Mr. Pierce, what are you doing here?" "I came to pick you up" I smiled "you shouldn't have come, Mia is coming" "I told her not to come and that I was picking you up" why does he do that? Mia will think there is something between us. Deep breaths in and out, I was mad however was happy that he actually cared and came.

"You shouldn't have come." "well I wanted to" he took one of my bags "thank you," I said.

"And that is what I did that day," I said, "good thing you can keep yourself busy" he chuckled as his phone rang and we were in front of my house "Hi it's Richard." There seemed to be a woman on the phone "no, Olivia I am not coming over today." They were arguing, maybe she's his girlfriend "well I'm with someone," he groaned "a friend" that hurt, why did it hurt? I'm not even a friend I work for him. "Valentina," I think she was asking about my name. "no, no not today" I got out of the car "bye, Liv see you tomorrow" he got out of the car "where are you going?" He asked me "I'm going into my house" "oh yeah right" he put his hand around his neck "let me help you" he took a bag and helped me inside. He was like this giant amazing person, how his muscles flexed, oh Jesus Christ. Without actually realizing I bit my lip.

Richard POV

She bit her lip, those plump pink lips. How much I want to kiss them. Once she realized I saw her she coughed and looked down.

"Thank you very much" "no problem" she closed the door after me "do you want anything to drink?" I was going to speak but my phone rang "excuse me just a minute"

Valentina POV

I nodded and walked into the kitchen to give him some privacy, I heard some more arguing "Michelle I'm not coming today, as I told Olivia. I will not come I'm with someone" I sigh he definitely doesn't notice me and treats me like "yes I'm with a friend" as a friend, at least he doesn't refer to me as an employee.

I looked down "well I have to go," he came back "you better go before they come and take you from here" I felt pained. "yeah," he walked to the door "enjoy," I said, "get some sleep ok?" I nodded as if he cares "yeah I think I'll do that" I walked to the door "bye" I said as he walked to his car "bye"

Richard POV

"You ruined everything," I told Michelle and Olivia "what? why?" "Now she'll think I'm a playboy, I even called her a friend" I walked back and forth "Well you're a playboy," Maxine said, I glared at her "I am not" they looked at me "tell me the last time you had a girlfriend" John ordered I didn't answer, I never had a girlfriend, once wanted to but she broke my heart, since then which was 15 years ago I never thought about having one "biggest mistake," Zara said about what I told Valentina "and by the way you are a woman's man," Zara said making sure I knew that I was a woman's man

"When was the last time you slept with one" Ben asked, I didn't answer, I didn't sleep with anyone once I met her, I didn't want to tell them that.

"I was about to tell her" "really?" Liv asked "no he's a wuss," Zara said, "Am not" I looked at her "you definitely are," Justine said, "yup" Benjamin agreed "I am going to be alone forever" I gave up "if you don't tell her you will definitely end up alone" "she won't like someone like me, she's special like so damn special. And I treat her like shit. I called her a friend for god's sake" "because you're a damn idiot" Callan stated taking a sip of his beer "I know, and it's all your fault" I pointed at Michelle and Olivia "our? why?" "Because you called me, we were good until you called me." I said, "I'm out" I walked away "it's not our fault," Michelle said and put her hand on my arm, and I snatched it away.

"Try to imagine hearing a woman's voice telling your man to come. Then hear him say I'm with a friend and then leaves you and goes away. You didn't see the look on her face Michelle. If I had any chance it's ruined now" "oh" they realized. "one last question" Zara said I looked at them "what?" I spit out "What did she say when you said you had to go?" "does that really matter?" They nodded, "really big," Olivia said, "well when I told her I had to go she said well you better go before they come and get you themselves, she sounded like" I searched for a word "sad?" Zara suggested "pained?" Liv continued "mad?" "annoyed?" They continued "yeah all of those, and then I told her to get some sleep and she sighs and said yeah I think I'll do and told me to enjoy" "shit," Callan said "what?" "well first of all she was going to give up sleep with a jet lag to sit with you and then you decide to leave and she told you to enjoy" I nodded "let me guess she sigh while saying enjoy" I nodded "you fucked up" I looked down, "you guys told me to come, Olivia knew I was Valentina and then you called me and argued with me when you fucking knew that I was going to pick her up from the airport. Are you fucking kidding me? Now, what am I going to do? Go to her and tell her oh I'm sorry my friends wanted me urgently taking me from you. I wanted to spend the whole night with you, oh oh my Juliet?" I said loudly and walked away.

I was home and this is the place nobody ever came maybe my friends but no lady except them came here. I told you that right? I looked at my phone no messages from her, nothing. It's not like we're something. I groaned out loud.