Chapter 38: Gay?

Richard brought me to my house today so that I could change and we could go to work. He kept telling me that we could spend the day today resting and go tomorrow, but I told him we had to go to work even though I didn't want to see Larry.

I also didn't tell Richard who did this to me. He saw the bruises on my hips as well as on my arm.

It was lunch break and I was sitting with Richard "you know people began suspecting that there is something between us" I put a fork full of salad in my mouth "well we spend a huge amount of time together, not that I'm complaining or anything" he chuckled "well me neither" I smiled. "some thought you were gay" he coughed "what?" I nodded laughing "gay?" I nodded again "trust me when I say that. I am definitely not gay, I one-hundred percent chance can prove it," he said smirking, I changed the topic so my blush can escape "so the bachelor ha?" I asked chuckling "yup" I nodded "the bachelor of many seasons actually" "why did you say no?" I asked him "well if I said yes in any of the 13 times they offered me, I wouldn't have been with you" I smiled "thankfully." 

We kept talking till lunch break was over "well lunch break is over" I said getting up "stay with me for a while" he said, "I can't maybe we could go out after work" I stated "I would love to" he smiled "bye" he opened me the door "bye" he looked at me while I was walking away. 

After a second I hit an unpleasant smell, a smell I was crying from yesterday. I walked a few steps backward and saw him, the one who caused me bruises. "I'm sorry" I was beginning to walk away when he held me from the arm that hurt me "ahh" I flinched "shouldn't have run yesterday" he whispered in my ear.

After a second he was torn away from me and brought into his office. I ran after Richard knowing he was up to no good. Larry was on the ground getting hit in his office "you did this to her?" Larry didn't speak "fucking answer me" people were looking "Richard," I said "please" I pleaded to him, he hit him "nobody hits what's mine, especially if it's her" my throat began closing, I slid down the wall "Are you ok?" Mia asked me, I shook my head "Mr. Pierce" she whispered not knowing what to do. "Mr. Pierce" she shouted out loud, he looked at her and she pointed at me.

He ran to me and put my head on his lap "Valentina stay with me ok?" "I can't breathe" I stated "anybody, fucking call 911" he yelled "please baby, for me, ok?" he pushed my hair out of my face "ok Lina?" "I can't" I saw a couple of tears fall down his cheeks. "Just a couple more minutes ok?" "I can't Richard" I whispered "Just breath" he caressed my hand.

"They're here, ok?" he carried me to the elevator and once we were down he put me on the bed.

I opened my eyes and saw the same white walls again. I looked next to me and saw Richard looking out of the window "hey" I whispered, "hi" he smiled sadly "hey I'm fine" I said, I took his hand that was wrapped "no you're not" he stated, "it was Larry wasn't it" I nodded "well he got what he deserved" "yeah you hit him pretty good" I said, "I fired him and ruined his carrier" "Richard, that's why I didn't want to tell you" I put my hand over my face "he fucking touched you Valentina, and you want to let that slide easily?" he looked at me as if I was crazy "I would've done more, but I knew you didn't like the attention" he sat next to me on the bed "you are my Valentina, my world, I would kill every single fucking person that touches you. I don't share what's mine" I smiled and held his hand caressing his knuckles that were bruised "so you won't take me out tonight?" he chuckled "I can take you out to the cafeteria downstairs" I laughed.