Chapter 09: I'm Sorry

It's been a month and I'm hanging by a thread, I'm going to explode at him any minute now.

It's 8:15 am and I'm at work I don't know where my phone is. "Valentina, he wants you" "What? Why?" I knocked and entered "I'm sorry, I'm late." "It's your fourth week, and you're late," he said rudely "I'm seven minutes late, I apologize." I looked down "I just, I think I lost my phone, I'm sorry" he looked taken away "so?" "it has my alarms, med-" I stopped "you shouldn't get attached to one thing," I sigh in annoyance and nodded "Mr. Pierce I apologized deeply three times, I lost my phone including all contacts with my friends, haven't had a good morning coffee. See you in the meeting," I faked a smile and left.

I opened my laptop to go over the presentation again, it's one of the most important ones Mia told me. She told me her boyfriend has been here for a while and no one has seen cases go out successfully like this since I came.

"Valentina, are you ready?" Mia came in, and I nodded. "can you please come in with me?" She nodded "Are you ok?" She came and sat on the desk, "Just," she pulled my chin up "little flashbacks" "of what?" She hugged me "just family stuff," "seems toxic for me" she looked me in the eyes "my dad died today 9 years ago. So still not over it" "dude" she said, "dude" I chuckled as she repeated it "what?" I wiped my tears away, chuckling again "ok that's it, what happened with Richard?" "Yesterday he was something and today he's something else, he changes personalities. He's bipolar Mia. I just need it to stop. At least for today 'cause I think I'm going to burst." I said as I took a tissue.

"You're not giving up," she said about me and the whole job thing "I am, it's just too much for me to handle right now"

The presentation along with the client went great I went home Mia told me she was going to take me tonight partying to get everything out of my mind.

We were in a club, dressed and you won't guess who we found there Mr. Pierce. Yay, (note to sarcasm,) "Are you kidding me, Mia?" "No," she said as she danced to the music "Drive me home." Mia disappeared into the crowds, then I noticed that she is just like Elena.

"5 shots of vodka," I said, "same" "Mr. Pierce," I said sighing "didn't you say you didn't like vodka" why did I say that? "why are you here?" He questioned "excuse me," "never mind" he swallows his shot "no, no say it again" I looked at him "I am here because I have the right to be wherever I want to be. I don't believe you seriously. Do you own this club?" I left him time to answer "no, you don't, and either way, I'm leaving, bye. It's on him" I walked outside and it was raining and I wasn't wearing much.

"Valentina" he shouted "Valentina" he ran after me "stop walking after me. I'm not joking, literally. I'm not in the mood" I said not looking back because if I saw his eyes I'm just going to look at him and forgive him "we need to talk," "talk about what?" I looked back, "ha?" shedding tears out of my eyes, today wasn't a normal day "How you maltreated me for coming late 7 minutes or for being bipolar all the time? Or not even saying good morning, it's not my fault for being in the same place as you are Mr. Pierce." I didn't realize I was talking to my boss. "I'm sorry," tears flew and I ran. "I'm sorry I can't say I like you, I love you" I whispered to myself walking away.

I am sobbing, my stilettos in my hands walking barefoot, and my throat began closing up. I'm in clubwear soaking wet, if I gave Richard the chance to talk I wouldn't have ended up here, I don't know what's going to happen in five minutes. I sat down there was a light down the road. But I can't, I can't walk anymore. This is it, my last day on earth, finally. My throat is closing up. A car passed by "help" I cried. I don't know why I'm asking for it, why I'm asking for help when I just wanted my life to go away when I wanted my life to end. I wanted to die 10 minutes ago because I had no one, but now I feel like I'm missing out a lot. I didn't see anything. I didn't travel, didn't have my first kiss, and didn't have a boyfriend. I never experienced the first love, never experienced a warm hug. I want someone to hug me and love me. But it's too late. I am too late. My phone died so there wasn't a chance of me calling 911 or Mia. A car came and I just passed out on the street.