Thirty Five

RamshaRashid7 and lavenders_and_pinks remember the deal??

≤≥≤≥≤≥

Alfaaz na samajh paae tum
Khamoshiya'an kya samjhoge

~~~

The open window of Ayla's room give the glimpse of her and Kaif. He was trying to pacify her, while Ayla angrily turned her back to him.

"I don't want to hear how sorry you are."

"Yaar, papa ne rok liya tha toh main kya karta...." Kaif helplessly tried to make her understand.

"Papa asked me about reports. What I was supposed to do?)

"Kya karta?" This made Ayla turned to him with sharp eyes. "Ek call ya msg Karte. Kitni derr se wait kar rahe the hum apka. Tab toh aye nahi, aur ab Romeo banke humari window pe agaye." Putting her hands on her hips, she took one step forward. Kaif instantly took two steps back, to have a safe distance, just in case.

(What you were supposed to do?)

(You were supposed to call me, or at least you could have messaged me. You know for how long I was waiting for you? You didn't come then and now you are coming to my balcony like a Romeo.)

"Aangan mein Shaaz aur Kabir the... Isliye yaha se aya Hoon." Kaif told her in a small voice.

(Shaaz and Kabir were in aangan... That's why I came from here.)

"Aur msg Kyu nahi kiya?" Tapping her left foot, Ayla asked. Kaif raised his eyes to meet her then mumbled something which wasn't clear.

(And why you didn't message me?)

"Khayal nahi aya?"

(Didn't think of?)

"Sorry." Holding his ears, Kaif mumbled, making innocent face.

Ayla pursued her lips and looked at her left.

"Ayla!" Kaif was talking slowly, afraid the raise of his voice would provoke her more. "Yeh jhagre khatam karte haina." Closing the distance between them, he held her hands in his and squeeze them.

(Can we just stop fighting?)

"Humne shuru kiya Hai jhagra?"

(Did I started it?)

Kaif didn't dare to say that it was her who was scolding him from last ten minutes.

"I know, Meri galti Hai, maafi mang toh raha hoon na. I'm sorry." Joining his hands together, he again apologizes

(I know I'm the one at fault. That's why I am apologizing.)

"Kaif, yeh akhiri baar hai." Said Ayla, with a pointed look and put her hand over his.

(This is the last time.)

"Pakka akhiri baar Hai." Smiling, Kaif promised and took her in his arms.

(Definitely the last time.)

"Chaliye, ab jaha se aye Hain, wahi se chale jaiye." Ayla giggled.

(Now, go from where you came.)

Kaif's eyes widened, as he looked out of the window of second floor.

•••

"Ayat, college nahi jana?" Rubab asked her daughter, who was still sitting on dinning chair and still in her night-dress; a loosen shirt and trousers.