Sixty

If anyone thought Ayla's anger would have lessened in three months then they were wrong, even when so many days have passed, she was not ready to forgive Kaif or even look at him. Since he come back, she locked herself in her house, not even going to lawn or aangan to avoid looking at him.

Though Kaif, who wasn't at home in day time, has once again started going to office. He didn't need to only work on his and Ayla's relationship, but as well as other things in his life. At night, Ayla doesn't leave her house, which gave him no opportunity to talk to her. It's been 2 week since he last saw her in the lawn that day.

Sitting in the lawn, he was deep in thought, thinking how to talk to Ayla. Talking was impossible, he couldn't even find a way to look at her. He had fever, and Huzaifa asked him to rest at home. He thought maybe this will be an opportunity for him, maybe Ayla will come for a walk in the lawn or maybe she would cross aangan to go at Shahzain's house. But she didn't.

"Arez, car nikale Ayla ko Hospital jana hai." Rubab's voice fall into his ear. She was standing on the entrance, calling for Arez, their driver.

(Arez, get the car, I have to take Ayla to the hospital.)

"Aunty, kya hua Ayla ko? Woh theek hai?" Quickly, standing up, he went to her and asked, worried for Ayla's health.

(Aunty, what happened to Ayla? Is everything okay?)

"Haan, woh theek hain bas routine check up ke liye jana hai." Rubab nods her, and replied, curtly.

(She is fine, she is going to Hospital for routine check up.)

"Toh main leke chalta hoon na. Arez ke sath jane ki kya zaroorat hai."

(Then I will take her to the hospital.)

"Kaif, bura mat manna par Ayla apke sath jane ke liye kabhi razi nahi hongi." Saying this, Rubab was about to leave.

(Kaif, please don't mind but Ayla won't go anywhere with you.)

"Aunty, aap sab log mujhe ek mouka toh dijiye. Main janta hoon maine galti ki hai, ussey excuse nahi kar sakta, par main khud ko sudharna chahta hoon, Ayla ke liye, apne bachhe ke liye."

(Aunty, give me one chance. I know I did a mistake, I won't excuse it, but I want to make myself better, for Ayla, for our child.)

•••

Kaif's this much assurance was enough for Rubab, as she also didn't want Ayla's marriage to break. She thought there would be no harm for Kaif to try and win Ayla's love and trust again.

"Aap humare sath kyu nahi ja rahi hain?" Ayla asked to her mother.

(Why aren't you coming with me?)

Rubab was ready to go out with her to the hospital, but when she returned from downstairs, she told Ayla to go alone as she has some work to attend.

But when she went to porch, it is then she knew the reason.

"Mamma, hum inke sath nahi jayenge." Ayla told her mother, when saw Kaif near his car, waiting for her, his back was facing her, and he didn't see them coming.

(Mamma, I am not going with him.)

"Ayla, yeh mat bhooliye jitna yeh baby apka hai utna unka bhi, unka pura haq hai baby se related har activity mein hissa lene ka."