Fifty-Four

Ayla couldn't stay in her and Kaif's room anymore, it was suffocating her.

She went to her parents's house, to her old room. But she didn't get peace there either. Her mind keep recalling everything.

Sochne samajhne ke liye bacha kya hai? Maine sab khud dekha. His every words pierced her ears she put her hands on her ears to ignore his words but his words were printed in her heart and mind.

•••

At morning, Rubab was surprised to see her coming from her room.

"Ayla? Aap yaha? Khairiyat?" She quickly went to her daughter and asked.

(Ayla? You are here? Is everything okay?)

"Mamma, woh... haan sab theek hai." Mustering up a smile, she said.

(Mamma, I... Yeah, everything is okay.)

Rubab looked at her questioningly.

"Woh hume na humari kuch certificate chahiye thi, bas wahi lene aye the." She cooked an excuse.

(I came here to take my certificates, I needed them.)

"Kaha hai?" Rubab asked.

(Where it is?)

"Kya?"

(What?)

"Certificate."

"Woh... woh hume yaha akey pata chala ki woh toh humare aur Kaif ke kamre mein hi hain. Dhyan mein nahi raha." Fake laughing, she said.

(I... I just realised it is in my and Kaif's room.)

"Kya hua hai? Kaif se jhagra hua?" Ayla's lie was detected by Rubab.

Ayla's red, puffed eyes, and hallow cheeks didn't go unnoticed by Rubab. She knows her daughter inside out, she knows when Ayla is lying.

Hesitantly, Ayla shook her head negatively. She didn't want to burden her parents.

•••

Ayla didn't tell them anything, neither Rubab or Azlan insisted her. They figure it out it was the matter of husband and wife and they should not interfere unless they are being asked to. Ayla stayed at her parents house.

While Azlan and Rubab gave them privacy, Huzaifa wasn't having any of it, as he called Kaif in his study to talk to him. Rukhsar was also there.

"Baat kya hai, Kaif? Tumne kuch kaha hai kya Ayla ko?" Huzaifa asked.

(What's the matter, Kaif? What did you say to Ayla?)

"Apko aisa kyu lagta hai Kaif ne hi kaha hoga?" Rukhsar said.

(Why do you think it is Kaif's fault?)

"Begair kisi baat ke Ayla ghar chorhke nahi jayegi. Aur yeh itne shareef nahi ki kuch na kiya ho."

(Ayla won't leave the house if the matter isn't serious. He must have said something to her.)