Fifty-Five

Winters have arrived, and the cold and gloomy weather was resembling the situation of Khan Haveli.

Last night events spread out like a wild fire in the haveli, everyone knew that Kaif hit Ayla, but no one knew the reason.

Azlan and Rubab didn't ask Ayla anything because she was sick since last night, and Kaif didn't bother to interact with anyone, he left early in the morning.

Naziya called Huzaifa and Azlan to her room.

This was once again same, like that night when Ayat asked for divorce. No one knew what happened between them, and Ayat kept repeating same thing that she wants divorce. But this time, it wasn't Ayla who was asking for divorce, but Azlan.

"Azlan, hosh se kaam lo, koi bhi baat itni nahi barh sakti ki ussey suljhaya na ja sake." Naziya Khan was very disappointed in her son's decision.

(Azlan, are you in your senses? No problem can be that worse that it can not be solved.)

Naziya Khan was sitting on her bed while both Azlan and Huzaifa were standing in front of her.

"Ammi, maafi chahta hoon lekin yeh baat aisi hai bhi nahi jissey suljhaya ja sake." Azlan was firmed in his decision.

(Ammi, I am really sorry but this is not the problem which can be solve.)

"Azlan, ek baar firse sochlo. Kuch aur nahi toh aney wale bachhe ka socho uspe kya asar hoga." Huzaifa tried to make him understand.

(Azlan, think again. At least think about the baby how will it affect him.)

"Bhai, apki bohot izzat karta hoon lekin Kaif ne jo kiya hai uske baad mujhe bharosa nahi uspe ki main apni beti ko wapas se uske sath rehne ke liye bheju..."

(Bhai, I respect you a lot but what Kaif did is not forgivable. I can not ask my daughter to forgive him...)

"Azlan! Koi bhi faisla lene se pehle Kaif aur Ayla se puch toh lo baat kya hui hai, aur kya unhe talaq chahiye bhi." Sternly, Naziya said.

(Azlan! Before taking any decision, ask Kaif and Ayla what they want. Do they even want divorce?)

"Par, Ammi, Kaif ne jo kiya..."

(But, Ammi, what Kaif did...)

"Kaif ne jo kiya uspe hum ussey baat karenge. Ayla ki tabiyat theek ho toh hum unse bhi baat karenge. Lekin iss ghar mein dubara koi talaq ka naam nahi lega." Naziya showed her hand to him. She was in her old age, but was very strict about her culture and traditions.

(I will talk to Kaif about what he did. I will talk to Ayla too. But no one will mention divorce again in this house again.)

"Ammi, maine ek baar pehle bhi yeh baat ki thi dubara bhi kehta hoon ki main apni beti ke sath koi zabardasti nahi chahunga, agar ussey kisi rishte mein nahi rehna toh main kisi samaj ya riwaj ka sochke ussey compromise karne ke liye nahi kahunga." Azlan was also firmed in his decision, bowing his head to his mother, he left.

(Ammi, I have said this before, I will say it again, I won't force my daughter for anything that she doesn't want.)

Both Naziya Khan and Huzaifa were stunned with his behaviour.

"Apki Kaif se baat hui?" After recovering from her shock state, Naziya asked her elder son.

(Did you talk to Kaif?)

"Usne jawab nahi diya, aur ab pata nahi kaha chala gaya."

(He didn't answer, and left the house.)