Fifty-Three

"Ayla, tum jaan ke karti ho kya?" It was late when Ayla returned from hospital, once they were in their room, Kaif asked.

(Ayla, you do all of this intentionally?)

"Kya?" Confusingly, Ayla looked at him, tiredness and wary was visible on her face as she was massaging her neck.

(What?)

"Kya zaroorat thi hospital jane ki? Tumhe mummy ke sath jana chahiye tha, unhe bilkul achha nahi laga tumhara hospital jana."

(Why did you go to hospital? You should have gone with mummy.)

"Kaif, please, abhi hum bohot thake hue hain..." Ayla didn't have any energy to talk about it, as she stood up to go to the washroom.

(Kaif, please, I am really tired right now...)

"Main kya yaha khudse baat kar raha hoon?" Her reply instigated his anger, going after her, he hold her arm to stop her.

(Am I talking to myself?)

"Kya ho gaya hai?" Her eyes widened as she looked at her arm then at Kaif. "Humara hath chorhein."

(What's wrong with you?)
(Leave my arm.)

"Tum hamesha sirf apne barey mein kyu sochti ho? Kabhi kahi toh adjust kiya karo." Her struggle made him hold onto her arm tightly, as he spoke in low voice.

(Why do you only think about yourself? Can't you adjust somewhere sometimes?)

"Apki problem kya hai? Tayi ammi se puchke gaye the." Frustratedly, Ayla asked, struggling to free her arms.

(What's your problem? I asked for Tayi Ammi's permission before going.)

"Phir wahi baat." Dropping her arm, Kaif pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Mummy se puchke gayi thi zahir hai woh tumhe mana nahi karengi lekin tumhe toh sochna chahiye tha na." At last, he raised his voice at her. Making her jump a little.

(Mummy will obviously say yes if you'll ask her. You should have thought about this.)

"Aap bewajah larh kyu rahe hain?" Confusion was clear in her voice.

(Why are you arguing with me without any reason?)

"Main pagal hoon bewajah larunga tumse?"

(Do I look like an idiot who will argue with you without any reason?)

"Tumse na, Ayla... baat karna fazool hai." Saying this, Kaif left the room, slamming the door after him.

(There is no good talking to you.)

Ayla stood there for many minutes, trying to process what just happened.

But then realised it was Kaif. His mood was dependent on his mother and definitely Rukhsar wasn't happy when Ayla left for Hospital Instead of going to the relative's house with her.

Next morning, Ayla thought Kaif has calmed down, just like always. He will be angry at her because of Rukhsar, then they will have an argument, and after sometimes, his anger would be gone and he will apologise to her. But she was wrong. Kaif was still upset.

He ignored her in the room, while at dining table his cold demeanour made her awkward knowing that his anger was because of her.

•••

For Shyra, it was a pleasant morning. The sky painted in hue of orange and blue, teamed up with the golden rays of the arising sun, and chirping of birds just made that morning more beautiful.