Forty-Two

Before starting the chapter... I wanna thank Fatima_sheikh for motivating me to write.

Also _yesha_jain_ for helping me ( 🙈🙈😬.)

And a huuuuuugeeeeeee thank you to anam_shaz 

Yes, now continue... 😁🤗

•••

Main apne liye bhale bohot laparwah hoon

Par tumhari bohot parwah karta hoon...

•••

Next day was very hustle-bustle, with the mehndi's function in the evening and baraat's tomorrow, everyone was busy with last-minute preparations.

"Ayat," Ayat, who was taking the dirty plate from Ayla's room to the kitchen, stopped when Khushnuma called her.

"Ayat, tum Hanan ko breakfast serve kar dogi? Bechare ne subah se kuch nahi khaya, yaha kaam se mujhe fursat hi nahi mil rahi." Going to her, Khushnuma asked.

(Can you serve breakfast to Hanan? He hasn't eaten anything since morning. And I am really busy here.)

Khushnuma looked very busy, even now when she was talking to Ayat, she was instructing maid for something.

"Chachi, Hum?" Ayat hesitantly asked.

(I?)

"Kya hua? Tum busy ho kya?" Averting her eyes away from the maid, Khushnuma looked at her and asked.

(What happened? Are you busy?)

Seeing Khushnuma's tried face, Ayat couldn't say no.

"Nahi, hum... Hum kar dete hain unhe serve." Ayat mumbled.

Khushnuma didn't notice her gloomy face, she didn't see Ayat was reluctant.

(No, I... I will serve him.)

Placing the dirty plate in the kitchen, Ayat went to Shahzain's portion.

Cursing her fate, why does she always end up where Hanan is. When he is the one whom she didn't want to meet.

She first put her head inside to see if Hanan is in the lounge, he wasn't. Thinking he must be in his room, Ayat took a relief breath out and went inside.

She thought of making the breakfast and leaving it on the table for him, that too without getting in his eyes.

She doesn't think she would handle any encounter with him today. Not after what happened yesterday, she just doesn't trust him, and neither her heart.

Meanwhile, her Ammi Jaan's words keep repeating in her mind.

Ayat has just reached the kitchen when stopped on the doorway. She wanted to avoid Hanan, and he was the one present there in the kitchen.

Hanan's back was facing her, he didn't hear any noise of her coming, while Ayat didn't know what he was doing there. Maybe he was there to find something to eat. She internally groaned.

Shutting her eyes tightly, she tried to mask her expression so Hanan wouldn't see the condition of her heart.

"Aap?... Aap baithiye, hum apke liye chai aur nashta bana dete hain." Getting in, Ayat told him without even looking at him.

(You?... Sit down, I will make breakfast for you.)

Hanan, who was eating biscuits, got baffled by Ayat's voice, as he looked at her, one biscuit in his mouth and the jar in his hands