Seventy-Six

Tera har andaz achha haiSiwaye nazar andaz karne ke

Siwaye nazar andaz karne ke

•••

Agar yeh keh do begair mere nahi guzara
Toh main tumhara

•••

Meena Baig announced that she is going to Shyra's wedding, she wanted other members to accompany her, but everyone seemed to have busy schedule that day.

"Main kahi nahi ja rahi, aur na hi meri bachhiyan jayengi." Zinnirah told her husband. Beena and Gulfisha silently agreed to her. Even they didn't want to go to Shyra's wedding.

(I won't go, neither will my daughters.)

Mujahid gave a feeble excuse to his mother that Zinnirah is not feeling well and Beena and Gulfisha had to make some college project.

Tarik and Numa lived in another city, and when there was going to be no wedding of Basim, they left for their house early in the morning.

Tanimah never goes out. Rayed and Hania didn't feel like going either, they were supposed to celebrate Basim and Shyra's marriage today. How could they go there. Rayed excused that he has some important work, while Hania had a reason that this was the first wedding function after her marriage, how could she attend it without her husband.

"Theek hai koi nahi ja raha toh. Main akeli chali jaungi." Meena Baig said.

(Fine if anyone does not want to go. I will go alone.)

"Ammi, main apke sath chal raha hoon." Farzand said, Kazim is his youngest and dearest brother- since childhood, Farzand has pampered Kazim as his own son, how could he not go to Kazim's only daughter's marriage.

(Ammi, I will come with you.)

"Dadi, main bhi chalungi." Esha said, raising her hand.

(Dadi, I will come with you too.)

Meena told them to get ready, while she also left the living room. Before going to her room, her eyes fall on Basim's room. The door was opened, but room was pitch dark.

"Basim?" Entering the room, she called him and turned off the light.

Basim, who was laying on his bed with his arm on his eyes, moved with the sudden light. Removing his arm, he looked at the person who disturbed his sleep, but seeing his grandmother there made his sit up.

"Ab tak so rahe ho?" Meena looked at him with disapproval and went to sit on the bed.

(You are still sleeping?)

"Dadi, main.." She has saw beside his feet, making him quickly cross his legs.

(Dadi, I...)