Seventy-Seven

Tere lagaye hue zakhm kyu nahi bharte
Mere lagaye hue ped sukh jaate hain

•••

Drying her wet hair with towel, Shyra's eyes fell on Kabir, who was still sleeping, a blush crept on her cheeks as she bowed her head down.

A knock on the door came, throwing the towel on the chair. She picked her dupatta, putting it on her shoulders, and went to open the door.

It was Rehnuma, she came there strolling a trolley with their breakfast.

"Uth gayi tum? Aaj tum dono nashta kamre mein hi karlo. Kabir jag gaya?" Rehnuma gave Shyra the trolley and told her.

(You are awake? You two should have your breakfast in your room today. Kabir is up?)

"Kabir so rahe hain." Shyra informed her.

(Kabir is sleeping.)

"Uthao issey." Saying this, she was about to left, then again turned to Shyra.

(Wake him up.)

"Aur haan, iske kuch dost aye hain niche... usme se sirf Sarah aur Naina ko janti hoon main." Saying this, she left. Unknown that both Sara and Naina's name made Shyra angry.

(And yes, his friends are here to meet him... I only know Sarah and Naina.)

Closing the door, Shyra glared at Kabir, who was sleeping peacefully.

"Kabir!" Going to him, she stood beside the bed and called his name.

"Kabir, uthein!"

(Kabir, wake up!)

"Kya hua?" His sleepy voice came as he turned to her and half opened his eyes, but when he saw her, his eyes got open.

(What happened?)

Kabir couldn't take his eyes off Shyra as she was standing in front of him, wearing red shalwar kameez suit, face clear of any make up ready, her hair fell in soft waves around her face, he couldn't believe how lucky he was to wake up to this sight.

Kabir watched her with a smile on his face, feeling a sense of contentment that he had never felt before. With Shyra, he felt like he had finally found a home.

"Wow, you look..." Sitting up, he was about to compliment her, but she heard none of it.

"Your girlfriends are here to meet you." She informed him

"What?" He, who was in trance, now woke up from his sleep completely.

"Koi sapna dekh liya kya subah subah?" Sitting up, leaned on the headrest of the bed and asked.

(Did you see any dream?)

"Naina and Sarah are here." She informed him, Kabir, who was earlier shocked by her words, looked at her with deadpan expression. Shyra didn't look at him and went to the dresser to get ready.

"They are not my girlfriends." Tiredly, he stood up from the bed and said. Sleep was still visible in his eyes as he yawned.

Shyra, who was now brushing her wet hair, looked at his reflection from the mirror, and her eyes made him stand straight. She does not believe him.

"Why they are here?"

"How would I know?" Shrugging her shoulder, she wore earrings.

Kabir didn't say anything further and moved toward the door.

"Milne ki itni kya jaldi ki aise hi ja rahe hain. Shower le lein pehle." But Shyra stopped him.

(What's so hurry to meet them. Go and shower first.)