Seventy-Eight

I had Basim's story in my mind when I introduced his character, but now, when I was writing it down, I got so much interested in his story that other characters seem to get sideline. And obviously I do not wish for that. He is a side character, his story does not matter as much as HanYat, KaYra, KaYla. So I, who had written 2k long chapter of his story, deleted that part with a heavy heart. His story, does not matter rn, maybe when Sharar will be completed I will write his story as a bonus chapter or something? Idk. For now, Enjoy the chapter🤗

•••

Woh bhi akhir, teri tareef mein hi kharcha hua,
Maine jo waqt nikala tha, shikayat ke liye.

•••

"I understand. I hope koi aisa din ayega jab apka dil bhi raazi hoga hume maaf karne ke liye." She could still not blame him for being angry at her. Hanan have her heart in his hand, he could break it if he wants, and she is still gonna love him.

(I hope that day would come come when you will forgive me.)

When Hanan didn't say anything, Ayat raised her head to look at him for one more time, then she turned to leave, but Hanan held her wrist.

"Itni mohabbat kabse karne lagi tum mujhse?"

(Since when you started loving me this much?)

There was a long pause on his question, as Ayat braced herself to answer him. Turning to him, she spoke in low but firm voice.

"Hum nahi jante. Hum bas itna jante hain jab hume hosh aya aur 3 mahine aap humare paas nahi the toh humari zindagi ke sabse aziyat wale din the woh. Hume nahi khabar thi aap kaise hain, kya kar rahe hain, theek hain, koi hume kuch batata hi nahi tha. Bas itna pata tha aap nana jaan ke sath hain."

(I don't know. All I know is that when I regained consciousness and you weren't with me for three months, those were the most painful days of my life. I didn't know how you were, what you were doing, if you were okay, no one told me anything. All I knew was that you were with Nana ji.)

"Yeh 3 mahine, Hanan, sirf hum jante hain humne kaise guzare apke begair. Yeh 3 mahine kafi the hume yeh ehsas dilane ke liye ki aap humare liye kitne zaroori hain. Pehle kabhi hume ehsas nahi hua kyuki pehle kabhi aap itne durr bhi toh nahi the. Pehle jab aap America gaye the toh har dusre teesre hafte call karte the, hamesha apne hone ka ehsas dete the, isliye shayad kabhi kami mehsoos hi nahi hui apki, kabhi kadar hi nahi ki apki mohabbat ki, na apni mohabbat ka ehsas kar paye."

(Only I know how I spent these three months without you, Hanan. These three months were enough to make me realize how important you are to me. I never felt it before because you were never this far away. When you went to America, you used to call me every other week, always giving me the feeling of your presence. That's why I never felt your absence, never appreciated your love, nor realized my own love for you.)

Ayat's every word was was telling the truth of love to Hanan, and Hanan was amazed at the boundless love Ayat had for him. Who would have thought that this girl loved him so much? He had been grieving his love for six years, but Ayat had suffered so much in just three months. Whether it was six years or three months, the duration didn't matter, what mattered was the pain that both of them had suffered without each other. Tears welled up in Hanan's eyes as he heard all this. Both had wasted a lot of precious time because of their foolishness.

"Yeh 3 mahine, 3 sadiyo ke barabar the, Hanan." As she spoke, her voice broke with emotion, tears streamed down her face. Ayat kept wiping away tears with the back of her hand. Despite her best efforts, she couldn't keep the tears from flowing, and soon she started crying openly.