Chapter 42-Morning

Freya's POV
I was practically staring at Leona like a creep. She was simply so beautiful, it was impossible to take my eyes off her. Her face felt like the kind you'd see on paintings in art galleries. Despite her smudged makeup. However, she seemed tense, even in her sleep. I wasn't sure if she was having a nightmare or not.

To be on the safe side, lest she was having one, I tried to call her name out softly. She let out a grunt but didn't wake up. So I opted for shaking her slightly, which ended up getting her to wake up. With a yawn, she opened her eyes.

"You okay? It looked like you were having a nightmare."

She stretched and sat up. Her eyes were groggy from just having woken up, so she wasn't quite functioning properly yet. "Kind of, yeah."

I hummed. "Do you remember what it was about?"

Leona shook her head, but I remained skeptical of her answer. There was something about the look in her eyes, despite only lasting for a second, that led me to believe she remembered. Nonetheless, I didn't push it. There was a reason she didn't want to talk about it and I didn't want to make her uncomfortable.

"What time is it?" Her voice was barely a whisper.

"Around 8 am, last time I checked," I said, grabbing my phone from the bedside table to double-check. It was indeed around eight.

"Oh, okay. How long have you been up?"

"Only about half an hour," I answered and stepped out of bed.

The blinds were still close and I felt we both needed some sunlight so I trudged over to the window. Having gone to bed way past midnight, I had only been able to sleep for a few hours. Exhaustion was bound to hit me after both drinking and going to bed late. My head was pounding and I overall felt like crap.

I opened the blinds and let the sunlight in, squinting my eyes to get used to it. Let's just say it wasn't helping my headache. Leona covered herself with the comforter to avoid the harsh light. I chuckled and exited my room to get some water for the both of us.

When I closed the door and was going to walk forward I felt a body bump into mine. Startled, I took a step backward and saw it was Cyra. She smiled at me and apologized.

"Did you come home late yesterday? I didn't see you and I went to bed quite late."

"Yeah, I was at my boyfriend's house."

I nodded and was about to go to the kitchen, but turned around to add a few last words, "by the way, don't be alarmed if you see a woman walking out of my room. It's my friend, she stayed the night."

"Thanks for the heads up," she said and entered the bathroom.

After filling two glasses with water, I headed back into my room to find Leona on her phone. She was no longer hiding underneath the comforter, seemingly used to the sunlight by now. I beamed at the sight of her and cleared my throat to get her attention. She got out of bed to get the water and thanked me as she sipped on the water.

"This hangover is killing me," she complained, dragging out the 'e' in 'me'.

"Felt that."

Leona chuckled softly and sat down again. Almost to emphasize her previous comment, she let out a groan and placed a hand on her head. "I'll go get some painkillers," I offered.

I went into the bathroom and opened the mirror cabinet. It took me a while of searching to find them since they were behind a bunch of other stuff. I took out two and walked back out to hand them to her. She snatched one of them from my hand and gratefully swallowed it with the help of the water I gave her earlier. I copied her actions and took a seat next to her.