Chapter 65-Dress

Leona's POV
We entered the shop and was greeted by someone who worked there. I told her we were taking a look around for now and didn't need any help so she left us alone.

"Do you have anything in mind?" May asked.

I shrugged. "Kind of."

"I personally really like a more simple look. Like a loose skirt and tighter top made of like satin or something." It was Zarah this time.

"It's up to you, dear. At my wedding I had this gorgeous classic dress with a long skirt. You'll look great in whatever you choose," my mom said.

I smiled and hugged her. "Thank you, Mom."

"Chop chop now. We don't have all day," Mom told me, shooing me away.

I laughed. "We kind of do though."

Mom rolled her eyes and began looking at dresses. I snickered and proceeded to do the same. Although I had an idea of what I wanted, when there were so many options, it was hard to choose just one.

My eyes stumbled upon a gorgeous white flowy off-shoulder gown. Its sleeves were made of chantilly lace with butterflies on them as well as the top layer of the skirt. The top was boned, adding to its beauty.

I walked over to it, taking a proper look. Checking the price tag, I noticed it was quite expensive. Definitely out of my budget. My eyes saddened and my mom must have sensed it as she approached me.

"Is something wrong?"

"It's way out of my price range."

Mom huffed. "Nonsense."

Confused, I frowned. "What do you mean? I think I'd know that."

"I have the money for it, I'll help you with the costs of the wedding and anything you may need. I'm still your mother, even if you're all grown up."

"But how do you have the money for that?"

Her eyes sunk for a split second and I realized. "First of all, I have money saved up for you, though I spent it mostly on helping you with your tuition. Second of all, we make quite good money. Lastly, I had a lot saved up for Layla but now it's all yours."

"Right."

"I wish she was here with us." She switched her gaze to the floor and gulped before looking up. "But enough of that. I just want you to not worry too much about the expenses, your dad and I will help you handle it."

I hugged her. "Thank you, Mom. And I think it's good to bring up Layla. It keeps her memory alive and it helps to talk about all the good memories with her."

She nodded and caressed my cheek. "I know, darling. It's difficult to speak about even if it's been years, it's hard to get over it."

"It's not something you get over, Mom. You simply learn how to live with it a cherish the good times rather than the bad."

Mom forced a smile. "You're a wise young woman, I'm proud to be your mom. And I'm glad you found someone who makes you happy, we all deserve someone who does."

"Sorry to interrupt the moment but we want to see you in the dress."

Zarah elbowed her and shot her a dirty glare, then she turned to me with a smile. I laughed and went into the changing room to try it on. When I saw how it fit and looked, I was mesmerized. It suited me perfectly everywhere, the top was tight yet the skirt was flowy, allowing for air to come in.

I walked out of the dressing room, giving them a slight twirl for a show. They clapped and I curtsied dramatically for them. Mom laughed and told me how beautiful I looked before she went to the restroom.