Chapter 68-Ex

Freya's POV
She gave me a kiss on the forehead and headed off to work. Leona was working late tonight so I was all alone in the apartment for hours. Cameron, Elio, Noelle would be coming over. It was a particularly special day since Noelle had recently graduated and we had planned to have a carry-in dinner.

I heard a knock on the door and jogged over to open it. Noelle stood in the hallway, I immediately noticed she'd went from platinum blonde to black. She was holding a bottle of wine in one hand and was grinning widely. She welcomed herself in and placed the wine bottle on the counter.

"I've fucking graduated," she exclaimed.

"Took you long enough."

"Oh, shut up. I'm just happy I'm done with fucking graduate school. So over it," she looked around, "are they not here yet?"

"Nope, Cameron has yet to arrive and Elio hasn't either."

Noelle nodded and flung herself onto the sofa. She sighed heavily in relief and kicked off her shoes. I laughed and joined her on it. Just as I was about to relax someone knocked again. I groaned and opened the door to reveal Cameron and Elio. I beckoned them in and they also sat down on the couch.

"So, what did you all bring?"

"Huh?" Elio asked.

"The food."

They all had the same look of realization on before a guilt one overtook. I sighed, knowing they'd all forgotten.

"You damn idiots. How did none of you remember?"

"To be fair I just graduated so I've been kind of preoccupied with that."

I glared at Cameron and Elio, waiting for their excuse. When they couldn't come up with one I gave up.

"Are we ordering or eating out?"

"I feel like I deserve a nice meal out," Noelle said.

"Debatable but okay. What about you guys?"

"Sounds like a plan."

***

We decided on a quite fancy restaurant not too far away from my apartment. Thankfully there weren't too many people there so we managed to get a table without making a reservation beforehand.

"Still can't believe all of you forgot," I remarked as we sat down.

"Sorry," they said in unison.

"Yeah, yeah. Something good came out of it at least because I know Noelle can't cook for shit and neither can Elio."

They glared at me and Noelle defended herself, "I can cook!"

"No, you can't. Should have known potluck wasn't a good idea but I was hoping to spare some money."

"Now, don't be cheap," Elio scolded. Ironically enough he was the cheapest out of all of us.

"Says you. At least I have an excuse, my wedding."

"How's that going, by the way?" Cameron asked, adjusting his position in the chair to be more comfortable.

I smiled. "It's getting along, there's still around six months until the wedding. It feels like forever yet nothing. I can't wait to be able to get to call her my wife. It's a dream come true."

Noelle twirled a strand of hair around her finger in boredom and leaned back. "Cute. I'm jealous."

"That reminds me," Elio turned to Cameron, "have you made it official with Micaela yet?"