CHAPTER ONE| KIDS

Freya

There she sat, so effortlessly and beautifully. Gosh, anything she did was beautiful in my eyes. I can't believe I get to watch her as she's braiding our daughter's hair, giggling and talking. I can't believe I get to call her my wife, this crazy, beautiful lady.

She kissed Audrey on the cheek and whispered something in her ear, walking over to me afterward. I gave her a peck on her forehead and hugged her tightly. "I love you," I whispered in her ear.

Leona took a step backward as she looked me in the eye, still holding my jaw and said "I love you too," her voice was so soft and quiet in the morning, it was adorable.

I didn't even notice Audrey was standing behind me until I heard her say "Mommy? Can I get some breakfast," lightly tapping me on my back and she looked at me with her big, adorable puppy eyes.

Leona giggled as I crouched down to her level. "Of course, sweetie. You can play with your toys for a bit and mommy will call you when breakfast is ready. Does that sound good?," I asked her in the sweetest voice I could do.

"Okay, mommy. Can mom play with me?," she asked while turning her head towards Leona. "Of course," Leona replied with. Audrey let out a big smile and took her hand gently as she lead her to her toys.

I gave her a quick wink and headed to the kitchen and started to prepare some pancakes for the kids. Wherever they are.

As I was wrapping up the last cleaning before I was gonna make sure the other kids were awake I heard footsteps. It must be Gabriella or Joey I thought.

"Sup, mom. It smells good, what you making?,"  I heard Joey say as he was approaching the kitchen. He leaned over my head to see what I was making and looked quite pleased when he saw that I was making pancakes.

"Ahh, moms pancakes, the best thing ever," he said taking in the scent in his nose. "Yes indeed, but there won't be any pancakes for you unless you lay the table," I said.
He rolled his eyes and chuckled as he made his way to the cabinet where we had the plates and cups.

"Do you happen to know where your sister is?," I asked Joey while he was putting down the plates. He shrugged and continued laying the table. Just as I was about to head to Gabriella's room I heard her approach me.

"Someone's finally awake," I said sarcastically. Gabriella was the kind of person to spare as many minutes of sleep as she could get. She mumbled under her breath, clearly annoyed. To say she hated mornings was an understatement.

"Someones a bit grumpy on this wonderful Monday morning," Joey said, obviously wanting to annoy his sister but I wasn't having it. It's too early to have to solve a fight between two teenagers.

"Don't bother her, Joey," I said harshly, I'm not letting them ruin my morning. Gabriella was on the edge of blowing up so before she was able to I put some pancakes on her plate and told her to eat up.

"Breakfast time!" I shouted loud enough for Leona and Audrey to hear me. Audrey excitedly ran to the table and sat down to admire the perfectly plated pancakes in front of her. She started shoving the pancakes in her mouth making us all giggle.

"Audrey, take it slow," I said to her while glaring at her as I raised my eyebrows. "Sorry, mom," she said while giving me her puppy eyes once again. I rolled my eyes, still giggling as I passed her a napkin since she had maple syrup all over her face.