Chapter 13-Past

This chapter will be a flashback from when Freya and Rowan had only been a couple for a few weeks...

Freya
"HOW COULD YOU LET HIM DO THAT TO ME!," I shouted, raising my voice louder than necessary.

"Stop shouting, Freya. I said I'm sorry a thousand times," he shouted back, banging his fist on the glass table, almost shattering it. It was the first time he ever really scared me. I furrowed my eyebrows in fear, my hand on the table behind me, I took a step back, a tear escaping the corner of my eye.

"Fuck, Freya. Are you serious?," he said, taking a step closer to me, trying to grab my arm but I moved it away quickly with no hestiation.

"Don't touch me," I said in a rough tone, backing away from him.

"Freya, please. I'm sorry, just stay," he told me in a soft voice so he wouldn't frighten me again.

"I'm leaving," I told him, in a brittle, unsteady voice.

He clenched his fists, sat down and leaned his forehead on his fists. He muttered a couple of swear words as I grabbed my coat, ready to walk outside. "Where are you going?," he asked, still looking at the floor.

"Does it really matter," I mumbled, so he could barely hear me.

"You're my girlfriend, of course it matters," he shouted, now looking up, his voice trailing off after realizing shouting at me wasn't gonna help.

Instead of answering him I walked out of the door, slamming it behind me. I sighed, leaning on the door, tears falling down. I took a deep breath and wiped away the tears, we're getting drunk tonight.

***
I gulped down yet another shot, stumbling between the sweaty bodies to get to the dance floor. It smelt like alcohol and sweat all around me, but I was too drunk to care. After dancing for a while, or maybe only a few seconds, I was honestly too drunk to even be able to process how long I had been dancing for. I felt somebody tap my shoulder behind me.

"Hi," a soft voice said to me, I turned around to see who it was. Her hair was black, curly and long, she had dark skin and pretty brown eyes. Even though I was pretty fucking drunk I regonized her, we took a class together, I don't remember which one or even her name but I knew her from somewhere.

"Freya, right?," she asked me, raising an eyebrow. I nodded, she smiled brightly.

"Do you remember me?," she asked me, I blushed, feeling embarrased I forgot her name. She chuckled when she realized I didn't have a clue what her name could possibly be.

"Sorry, I'm like really drunk right now," I stuttered. She laughed softly. I couldn't deny I felt my stomach flutter as I heard her beautiful laughter.

"I'm Mabel, from your math class, remember?," she asked me, expecting me to give her a nod, or maybe a yes. Maybe it was stupid, pointless, but I couldn't possibly get a no out of my mouth. She probably would have understood if I said no, after all I had been drinking a lot that night.

"Yes." I lied, I remembered her face, but I just couldn't seem to remember from where, even with the answer. Maybe I was overthinking this whole thing? Because in the end it really didn't matter that I lied, but in that moment, it did. Because I forgot her, when she clearly remembered me even though it was dark and she most likely wasn't totally sober either. Eventually I decided to stop overthinking everything and I followed her away from the crowd. I was drunk, everything was spinning as I stumbled through the crowd of people, I felt like throwing up, I felt like crying. Mabel was holding an arm around me, for support so I didn't fall and embarass myself. Honestly, no one would most likely care, because they were all drunk, dancing or making out. Still the sober part of me couldn't help but feel like everybody were staring, judging me.