Chapter 23-Apology

Freya
The sound of a knock on the door woke me up. I rubbed my eyes and kicked the duvet off before standing up.

"Who is here at 7 am in the morning," I cursed to myself, putting on a hoody and a pair of shorts. I took a quick look in the mirror and came to the conclusion that my hair was a mess, instead of actually brushing it I put it up in a bun that hid the frizzy mess.

They knocked again. "I'm coming, I'm coming," I yelled as I tried running to the door while attempting to put up my hair in a decent looking bun.

"I'm here," my voice trailed off as I realized that Rowan was at the door.

"Hi," he greeted, rubbing his neck sheepishly.

"Come in, but be quiet, Leona is still sleeping," I gestured for him to come in, and hesitantly he took a step in, closing the door behind him gently so it wouldn't make too much noise.

"Let's go into my room," I stated as I led him into my room and sat down on the bed.

"What the hell are you doing here at 7 in the morning," I yelled quietly.

"I'm sorry, I just needed to get this off my chest." He paused for a second, gathering his words. "I didn't mean to run away like that yesterday. I'm here for you, and our baby. I just hope you understand that it was a lot to process."

"I get it," I replied neutrally. He appeared shocked at my reply.

"Really?"

"I'm still processing it myself, I didn't expect you to process it within a few minutes. So, yeah. I get it," I continued.

"Thank you." He sat down next to me and pulled me into an embrace. I yawned as he pulled away, earning a guilty expression from him.

"Late night?"

"Yep," I popped the 'p'. Smiling as I remembered the events that occurred last night.

Last night

"Hey," a soft, raspy voice said.

"You're awake," I smiled.

"What time is it?"

"Not sure, but I've been sitting here for at least an hour," I replied, still smiling at her cuteness. Her eyes opened wide.

"God, you could have woken me up," she stated, almost sounding irritated at me.

"I know," I removed a strand of hair from her face as I spoke. Her cheeks flushed red for a second, I smiled at her reaction.

"Why didn't you?"

"I felt like you needed that sleep," I responded, partly lying. That wasn't the only reason.

"Thank you," I replied, her arm subtly brushing against mine, sending chills up my spine. But I couldn't bring myself to my arm. Instead I intertwined her fingers with mine, giving her hand a light, reassuring squeeze

"You don't need to thank me," I leaned my head on her shoulder and let it rest there for a couple of minutes before Leona spoke again.

"We better get to bed."

"Yeah, you're right," I replied. Almost feeling a bit, dare I say, disappointed.

"Freya?" The sound of Rowan's voice snapped me back to reality.

"Sorry, I zoned out for a second."

"So you're sure you're not mad?," he asked, seeking more reassurance.