Chapter 81-News

Leona's POV
Twenty weeks along and my belly was beginning to get more and more noticeable. I was feeling better than I did in the first trimester but overall I still didn't feel the best. Zarah and May were there keeping me company whilst Freya was out with her friends and sisters. Little Faye was with us as well, running around the room. She was two in a matter of months and it was crazy to think about how fast time passed.

"How's the pregnancy going?" May asked.

It was nice to talk to May about the pregnancy and everything else because she understood. Of course, my mom also understood but it was different to talk friend to friends versus parent to child.

"I'm feeling better, at least a little. My mood is a bit all over the place and I feel like shit sometimes but compared to the first trimester it's good."

"Oh, yeah. It was the same for me with Faye. It'll all be worth it in the end, though," May said, pinching Faye's cheeks playfully as she ran by, eliciting a giggle from her.

Zarah picked her up and smothered her with kisses as Faye laughed loudly. "I'm 28 and I've barely been in a real relationship, meanwhile you're out here having a kid while May is having her second."

My jaw dropped and Zarah slapped a hand over her face, realizing she'd slipped something out that she wasn't supposed to. May slapped the back of her hand and smiled guiltily at me.

"I'm sorry, Leona. I was going to tell you at the same time but Zarah over here found my positive pregnancy test."

I squealed and threw my arms around her. "Holy shit you're pregnant? How far along? Wait, who's the Dad, oh my god!"

"Yes, I am, around twelve weeks and Edwin."

Again, my jaw fell open. "But you hate him!"

She scratched her neck sheepishly. "It was a spur of the moment thing, we used protection but somewhere along the way something must have gone wrong so here I am, pregnant with baby number two."

"Are we going to be those friends who have kids the same age so they grow up to be best friends? This is so exciting!"

I squealed one more time for good measure. In the background, Faye was curiously wondering what was going on and why we seemed so happy all of a sudden.

"We'll be pregnant buddies!" May added, hugging me a little tighter.

"Now I'm certainly feeling left out."

"Shut up, Zarah. No one asked," May said, then ignored her.

"Rude," she mumbled under her breath.

We pulled away and I faced Zarah. "You know it's fine to be at different stages in life at different ages."

Sometimes I wondered if Zarah felt left out since a lot of what I was talking about was about the pregnancy and kids. Which only May could relate to. So I made sure to try to switch up the topic occasionally so she was more included.

"Nah, I know. It's not like May got anything together either, despite expecting her second she's still a mess."

"Hey!" May smacked Zarah's arm.

"It's true," Zarah defended herself, "if anything, Leona is the only one who has got everything figured out. I mean she's been together with Freya for years now, they're married, they live together and they're expecting a child they actually planned."

Hurt etched its way onto May's face. "Is that really what you see me as? I'm sorry I'm not perfect like Leona."

"C'mon, May. It's the truth. You got knocked up by the same guy twice and you don't even like him! I mean both your children were mistakes."