Chapter 90-End

Third-person POV
It had been drilled into Freya's mind from the day she was born that she would never be enough. Not for her mother. Not for her father. Not for her siblings. Not for anybody. She lived a big chunk of her life believing that. Until she finally realized, it didn't matter if she wasn't enough for them. She was enough for herself, and that was what was most important. That was what mattered.

To the people who truly loved her, she was enough. She didn't need to prove herself. Leona loved her, her friends loved her, Micaela and Elora loved her, Joey loved her. She loved herself. Freya stared at her reflection in the mirror and she was so unbelievably proud of herself. Her eyes drifted to her pregnant stomach. She would be a good mother. She already was one to Joey.

Leona wrapped her arms around her wife, kissing her neck. "How are we feeling?"

"Well, physically I still feel like shit. But otherwise, I'm much better."

A smile graced Leona's face. She hated seeing Freya hurting. It was painful to see someone you love in pain and be unable to change that. Her father had made a big impact on her since he tried to enter her life again. Leona was proud she set her boundaries, even if he didn't respect them. Freya had finally gotten him to stop harassing her and slowly, each day, she was feeling better.

For once, Freya was smiling again and it was genuine. "Let's hope she comes out on her own, otherwise you'll be induced. Regardless, it'll be fine."

"Yeah, but I'm feeling good about it. I think she'll come soon," Freya told her.

"I'm sure you're right. I can't wait to meet her."

"Neither can I," Freya said, caressing her stomach.

Leona hugged her tightly from behind. "Let's go eat breakfast. I made pancakes."

"Mhm, delicious."

In the kitchen, Joey was stuffing his face with pancakes. The couple shared a look and laughed, sitting down. Freya put some pancakes on her plate and began eating when she felt something crunchy.

"Oh, by the way, I dropped some eggshell in the batter, couldn't find it."

Grimacing, Freya nodded. "I found it."

Leona giggled. "Sorry. I hope they're good otherwise."

"Mhmm, they're adequate."

Slapping her wife's shoulder, Leona said, "oh, shut your mouth or I'll stop feeding you."

"Yummy," Joey exclaimed.

They both laughed. "Someone appreciates them at least," said Leona.

"He's two, so I don't know how reliable his opinion is."

Leona rolled her eyes and ate, making exaggerated noises of enjoyment to prove how good her pancakes were. Since she was biased because she made them, her opinion wasn't particularly reliable either. Freya chuckled, shaking her head in disbelief at how lucky she'd gotten.

Years ago, younger Freya wouldn't even have dreamed of things getting better. She'd been so trapped, the thought of escaping hadn't even occurred to her. At one point, Freya had even believed her mother was in the right. Now, she was about to have her second kid and was happily married. The impossible had become possible.

Leona noticed Freya was quiet and wearing a goofy grin. She bopped her on the nose to get her attention. "Earth to sugarcube."

"If you ever call me sugarcube again I swear I'll file a darn divorce."

In response, Leona only giggled. "Okay, sugarcube."

"That's it, I'm getting the divorce papers ready."