Chapter 66-Reunion

*for the sake of the plot they're having an eight-year reunion, yeah I doubt those are common*

^^ also kind of what I imagine Phoebe to look like, ignore it if you would like to imagine her yourself

Leona's POV
"She's what?"

"Coming back into town."

"Doesn't she like live in LA right now when she's not out traveling?"

"Well, yeah. She came back for a modeling gig and the high school reunion."

"High school reunion? It hasn't even been ten years."

Zarah's eyes widened. "You didn't know?"

It seemed I was too caught up in everything else to even remember we had a reunion coming up. I hated almost everyone in high school so I wasn't set on going.

"Wait, now that I think about it I do remember getting an invite for it and May mentioning it. Are you attending?"

She shrugged. "Probably."

"Excited to see a certain someone?"

"No."

"Sure."

"I'm really not and besides she probably forgot all about me."

I shook my head. Phoebe and Zarah were as close as one could get. I felt guilty for being one of the reasons they parted, though I knew it wasn't my fault in the end. Phoebe talked a lot about Zarah to me and it was strange knowing I'd dated her in the past.

"You were best friends for so many years, there's no way in hell she forgot you even though it has been over eight years."

Zarah's eyes widened and she placed her fingers on her temples, massaging them. "Fuck, it's been that long?"

"Yeah, it has."

"God, that is sad. Suddenly I'm having a mid-life crisis."

"We're twenty-six."

"Twenties crisis then."

"That doesn't even make-"

"Shut up. I'm processing this. I've got to go. See you before the reunion."

"I never said I'm going."

"You are."

***

Zarah and May had convinced me to go and I had managed to get my fiancée to tag along as well. I was putting on some earrings when my phone ringed. May was calling so I picked up the phone.

"Yo, we're outside. Get your ass downstairs."

Sighing, I mumbled, "you never change. I'm coming."

I hung up and turned to Freya. "They're here. Let's go."

She hummed and we headed out of the apartment to where my friends were waiting for me. We hopped into the car, Zarah was sitting in the front so we sat in the back.

"I wonder how the idiots from high school are all doing now," I said.

"You considered me one of the idiots, didn't you?" Zarah asked, already knowing the answer.

"Definitely. High school you sucked ass."

"Agreed," May added in.

"Ouch. Understood though."

"Love you now though, wannabe mean girl," I sarcastically blew her a kiss.

"You suck."