Chapter 41-Nostalgia

*brief mentions of miscarriage*

Freya's POV
I smiled into the kiss, enjoying the sensation of her lips pressed against mine. She was the first to pull away, I assumed to catch her breath as she was panting, I was too. Our foreheads were pressed together and our bodies too. My hands found their way to her neck and then traveled further down to her lower back. That's where I stopped and opened my previously closed eyes to take a peek at her.

Her eyes were still closed so I got a chance to take in her appearance. Lips parted. Hair messy. Eyebrows creased. She was stunning, that was undeniable. And something about her was just ever so dazzling after having kissed her.

I barely dared to speak as I whispered, "Leona?"

She opened her eyes and instantly her lips curved into a smile, and I didn't bother to fight away my own. "Yeah?"

"I like you. Like a lot," I admitted with confidence, despite sounding like a middle schooler with a silly crush.

My heart nearly melted at the chuckle that escaped her. "I like you too. Like a lot."

Leona leaned in for a quick peck but when she was gonna pull away I leaned forward for a longer one. This time I felt her smile into the kiss. The butterflies in my stomach were going crazy and my heart too. I hadn't been so happy in, well, ever.

I cradled her tenderly in my arms, burying my face in the crook of her neck and placing soft kisses there.   She giggled and ran her fingers through my hair. I melted into her touch and hugged her a little tighter.

"I'm so happy right now," I told her, voicing my thoughts out loud.

She exhaled softly. "Me too."

After a few minutes of no words, Leona tugged away from me. However, we were still close and our hands were entangled. I put my head on her shoulder and shut my eyes, taking in the feeling of being near her.

"So, what do you want to do?"

"Remember when we first met?" I asked her, recalling that night.

"Don't remind me. It was so embarrassing," she buried her face in her hands and groaned.

I snickered tauntingly and grabbed her hands, removing them from her face so I could look at her without her hands covering her face. She stuck out her tongue at me like a toddler, I laughed and smacked her arm playfully.

"Anyhow, despite you passing out and asking if you were in heaven..."

Leona's face turned bright red. "I hoped you forgot about that."

"We played a game, never have I ever. Ring any bells?"

She hummed and grinned. "Are you suggesting what I think you're suggesting?"

"Absolutely," I confirmed. "Let me get the alcohol."

There was some alcohol in a cabinet in the kitchen so I went to get it while Leona waited patiently. I grabbed a little of everything and headed back into the living room with a stupid beam on my face.

"You start," she said.

"Okay. Never have I ever snuck out."

She drank to that and I did too. "I mean, who hasn't at least once?"

"Never have I ever shot a gun."