CHAPTER SIX| SMOKE

Freya
I drank the shot, shaking my head from the strong taste. We laughed and both took another shot, drinking it quickly. The alcohol quickly rushed through my veins, affecting me more and more each minute. Shot after shot we drank, laughed and talked. It must have been an hour or so before we sat down in the sand, I was holding a bottle of wine in my hand, sipping from it every now and then.

"So, what's your family situation like," I asked her, taking a sip from the wine.

"Oh, well my sister is dying," she said, shrugging and shaking her head. It was probably the alcohol that was making her so blunt.

"Shit, I'm sorry," I told her, feeling bad for asking.

"It's okay," she said, taking the bottle from my hand and drinking from it. I grabbed a ciggarette from the ciggarette box I had in my purse. I didn't usually smoke, but these were just one those days I couldn't keep myself from lighting a ciggarette.

"Mind if I smoke?," I said, holding the ciggarette with my mouth, trying to light it with the lighter I had.

"No, I don't. Can I get one?" she said. I smirked at her, and blew out the smoke, tilting my head upwards.

"You sure?," I asked her, not wanting her to feel pressured to smoke.

"Yes, I am sure," she responded, grabbing a ciggarette and lighting it up. Coughing like crazy after inhaling the smoke. Still grabbing another one to try again. I chuckled, she had clearly never smoked before. I stood up, throwing my ciggarette on the floor, stomping on it. I grabbed the ciggarette out of her hand and threw it away, stomping on it afterwards.

"Why did you do that?", she asked me.

"I feel like smoking isn't for you," I replied, raising both of my eyebrows. She rolled her eyes, grabbed another ciggarette, lit it up, leaned closer to me and blew the smoke on me as she looked into my eyes while smiling. She bit her lip slightly, my heart was now racing as she said, in a low, dark tone "you don't know me."

"I guess I don't," I said, staring deep into her eyes, we smiled and she put her index finger on my lip and ran it down from my lip to my neck. She pushed herself away from me, her touch still lingering on my neck. I sat down, leaning my weight on my arm, holding a ciggarette with the other. She sat down next to me, putting her legs on top of mine, resting her arm around my neck.

"You're a little tease when you're drunk, aren't you?," I said, chuckling slightly and exhaling the smoke, now on her face, she coughed. I leaned closer to her, my lips now a few inches away from hers.

"Revenge feels quite sweet, doesn't it?," I told her, running my hand on her thigh. I could hear her heart beat, she bit her lip harshly, looking down at her thigh, not daring to make eye contact with me. I grabbed her chin, forcing her to make eye contact with mine. "Leona," I whispered, smiling. I moved her legs and stood up, laughing. I grabbed the bottle from the ground and took a large sip out of it, shaking my head from the alcohol rush afterwards. Leona looked up at me, stood up and grabbed the bottle from my hands harshly and took an even larger sip.

"You're funny," I said.

"Wanna play a drinking game?," she asked me, holding the bottle.

"That's cliche, but I like the way you think," I replied.

"You're the cliche one, dumbass," she said, crossing her arms.