Chapter 70-Soon

Leona's POV
I crouched down next to her grave with a smile as I settled down. My heart ached a little knowing she wouldn't get to attend my wedding. Yet, I knew a part of her still lived within me. She was always with me.

"Hey, sis," I giggled, knowing she would hate that, "I'm getting married in two days, isn't that insane. You would be so happy knowing it was to Freya, I know damn well that. I'm imagining you turning in your grave at the excitement."

I half-cried, half-chuckled. "I'm sorry you can't come. You deserved to be there, after all without you I wouldn't have had the guts to even confess my feelings to her. And look, here we are and it's been, what? Almost five years since you passed away," my eyes fell at the realization, "fuck, has it been that long?"

"You would think it would stop hurting after that long. That it would hurt less each day. Fucking bullshit, it doesn't. It's as prominent as the day I lost you, sometimes I think it hurts more because it's been so long that I can't recall the sound of your voice at the top of my head, those little things are withering away and it feels like shit. The pain is a part of me now, I'm growing with it and as time passes I'm learning how to wield it. I hope I am at least. Thank you, Layla. For being so fucking awesome, I love you."

I smiled. "See you later." And left, heading back home to my soon-to-be wife.

The moment I closed the door behind me, Freya pushed me against the wall and smothered me with kisses. I laughed and grabbed her chin so I could give her a real kiss. She buried her face in the nape of my neck and my lips tugged up.

"God, you can't go one second without me, can you?"

She hummed, not paying attention to my words and instead, breathing in my scent. I pushed her away and she whined.

"Calm down, you're not a dog, I must smell horrible after being at a cemetery."

"No, you smell like you."

"I hope that's good."

"Of course it is."

"Good."

The side of her lip went up, into a smirk I knew meant no good. "But if you really think you smell so bad we could always shower together."

I gave her a look that said 'you wish' before going into the bathroom to take a shower by myself. In the distance, I heard her groan and chuckled. By the time I was done showering, Freya had started watching a movie with Penny next to her. Funnily enough, they both looked just as enthralled with the movie. I snapped a picture, gaining Freya's attention.

"Did you just take a photo of me?"

"You're cute, sitting there together."

Her face flushed. "Shut up, come join us, future wife."

I beamed. "Two days."

"Two days," she softly repeated.

***

"Fuckity fuck, May. There's one day left! The darn wedding is tomorrow," I exclaimed.

"Yes, we have established that multiple times since you came today."

Zarah firmly placed her hands on my shoulders, making me turn towards her. She gestured for me to take a deep breath, I did and felt a little calmer but my nerves were still killing me. Zarah looked directly into my eyes.

"You love her, right?"

"Of course I do, she's everything to me."

She smiled. "Great, then that's all that matters. Everything will run along smoothly."