Season 4/Chapter 35: Rise Of The Flame Emperor

(Narration)

Last time on The Walking Dead. 

AJ: Since I can remember, Clem and Y/n have always been there with me. They taught me to be careful. To be quiet. To be strong. To never hesitate. To kill people that try and hurt us. Y/n taught me to show mercy, sometimes. That it doesn't make us weak. That it makes us better. I always listened to them. Always. But I've been thinking more. I don't know if they're right every time. They told me to shoot them if they got bit. That doesn't feel right. We're doing a lot of bad things. To save our friends. To protect our home. When I was about to shoot Lilly, to kill her for the things she's done to our friends...

He pauses. 

AJ: All I could remember was the thing Y/n used to say, "Sometimes good people do bad things, not because they're bad, but because they had no other choice or it was a mistake. There's not always a clear answer. Even the best people can do things they aren't proud of." Maybe she was a good person once, that she could be brought back.... Like James said, too, "Everyone deserves a second chance." When Y/n cuffed her instead of killing her, I thought I'd be angry but I think he was right about it. But at the same time, I'm still so...angry at her. I don't know what I feel anymore. I don't know if they know either. But I remember all the rules. And the first one is never go alone.

(3rd Pov.) (Boat)

Clem and Y/n wake up on the boat, which is falling apart after the explosion. Lilly was knocked over the edge into the water, but she pulled herself ashore with her hands still cuffed. The same goes for Violet who was able to pull herself to shore. The fast shockwave from the explosion had thrown Y/n back, but he runs over to Clem and helps her up quickly. They stand but an explosion nearby knocks Clem's hat off her head and into the water.

Y/n: Shit. 

Suddenly, they hear a voice call out and it's AJ. 

AJ: Clem! Y/n!

AJ holds onto the edge of the boat. They both see their child and quickly call out to him.

Clementine: Hang on! 

Y/n: We're coming!

His hat on tight as well as his beads, Y/n runs forward with Clem. Several more explosions go off, but Y/n uses his flame manipulation to keep the fire from reaching them. Being made of fire, it's not a problem for him but it could've burned Clem so he made it stay as far away as possible. He could put out the flames, but only the ones he could see so the ones inside were out of his reach. For now anyway. Y/n sees a life boat and looks at Clem. 

Y/n: Get on it, I'll grab AJ! 

Clementine: Right. 

She runs towards the life boat and Y/n turns his lower half into flames as he rockets towards AJ. Just as AJ is about to let go, Y/n swoops down and catches him. AJ holds onto his neck and looks at him. 

Y/n: Hey, kiddo. Nice to see you're still kicking. 

AJ smiles at Y/n and Y/n looks over at Clem. 

Y/n: Stand back!

She moves back and Y/n lands on the boat, quickly turning his lower half back to normal. Clem quickly hugs AJ and Y/n as they stand on the lifeboat. After a moment, she lets go and AJ looks up at her. 

AJ: Now what?

Clementine: We need to find a way down. This ship isn't gonna stay afloat much longer.

She looks at Y/n. 

Clementine: Can you fly us both down? 

Y/n: Maybe, shit, I guess we can try. My powers still feel a little weird, but I think we can do it. Without those damn cuffs on, I really am back at full physical strength so I should be able to carry the both of you. 

The Walking Dead: Emperor of FlamesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara