Chapter 50: Lost

After leaving the tower without Ben, Y/n decided to catch up to Clementine as he walked silence. While he knew it was probably the least desirable option, Carley shooting Ben was probably the better solution in the long run. Getting out of the tower, then Crawford, the group silently made their way back to the house. 

(House)

Everyone walks back inside the house, and Carley tries to go over to Y/n, but he just ignores her and walks upstairs. Molly, Lee, and Clementine look at her, but she turns her head. Knowing she was responsible for him acting this way. Lee puts his hand on her shoulder and speaks to her in a calm voice.

Lee: (Sighs) You did what you had to. I'm not sure if I could've pulled him up. 

Carley: (Sighs) I'm not going to apologize for what I did. I didn't see any other way out of it. You were trying to pull him up, Y/n was going to get swarmed, and at the end of the day I got us out of there. 

Lee nods. 

Lee: He understands that. He's just going through it. 

Molly, overhearing the conversation, finally understands what happened. Why Ben wasn't with them and why Y/n was so distant from Carley. Carley must've killed Ben to save them and Y/n is not exactly pleased with it. Molly walks over to them, and she gets their attention by waving her hand in front of them. 

Carley: What's up? 

Molly: I understand that Y/n isn't super happy about what happened up there in the tower. Want me to go talk to him?  

Carley crosses her arms. 

Carley: And why would you do that? 

Molly: Well, believe it or not, I actually like that kid. He and I have a certain understanding about each other. He's kind of like a little brother, but not as annoying. 

Before Carley can say anything else, Lee nods to Molly. 

Lee: Yeah, that'd be cool. Thanks. 

Molly nods, meanwhile Clementine had ran upstairs to chase after Y/n a few minutes ago. She found him sitting in the chair inside the office with his guitar on his lap. At the same time, our favorite woman named Christa starts to call out to Omid. 

Christa: Omid? 

Carley and Lee glance over at her. 

Lee: Hey, what do you say we go check on Omid?

The group joins Christa and Vernon in Omid's room. Omid's laying on the bed, unresponsive while Christa is on her knees and holding his hand beside the bed. She's crying as he hasn't woken up yet and isn't responding. 

Lee: Christa? Everything okay?

Carley looks at Christa and then at Omid, but wanting to be cautious, she calls out for her to stay back while readying her pistol just in case Omid...didn't make it. 

Carley: Christa, don't! Stay back!

Christa: I never should have left you. I'm so sorry.

Vernon: Christa, get away from him!

Suddenly, Omid's eyes start to flutter open and Carley starts to raise her gun, but before she can shoot him he speaks. 

Omid: Hey. Back already?

Everyone breathes a sigh of relief and Carley lowers her gun. 

Carley: Jesus. 

Christa smiles and looks at Omid. 

Christa: We got you medicine.

Omid: Good, feel like I could use some.

Vernon gives Omid some pills from the stash they found inside the locker, but Omid notices Ben isn't with them. At the same time, back in the office with the kids, Clementine walks up to Y/n as he plucks his guitar string.