Chapter 16: Hell on Earth

Y/N Pov. 

Standing by Clementine, I remember her hat. I look at Lee then nod to Clementine, trying to signal to him to give her hat to her and I think he understands me as he walks over to us. Lee looks down at us and takes out her hat from his back pocket. 

Lee: Here, Clementine. 

Clementine: My hat! You found it!

Lee: Actually, Y/n and I found it. 

Lee nods to me and Clem takes her hat, placing it back on her head as she looks at us. 

Clementine: I knew you'd find it! You said you would! 

She hugs me and I hug her back, letting her go after a moment as Lee smiles at us. However, after a second his face turns serious. Lee gazes at Clementine and asks her about her hat. 

Lee: Listen, did you give your hat to anyone?

Y/n: (Mind) So he's asking her about that lady without asking her. I see. 

I look at Clementine, but she shakes her head. 

Clementine: No.

Lee: Did you see any strangers around the motor inn who might've taken it?

Clementine: No. Why?

Lee: It's probably nothing. Just let me know if you ever see anything like that.

Clementine: Okay, I will. Hey, Lee. 

I see Clem pause for a second before looking at Lee. 

Clementine: Do you think you'll ever have kids?

Lee nods. 

Lee: I'd like to, someday. Maybe a little girl like you or a boy like Y/n. 

Clementine: (Smiles) That's nice. 

Y/n: Yeah. You'd be a good dad.

Clementine: Well, thanks for finding my hat. 

She looks at me. 

Clementine: Thank you, too. 

Lee: You're welcome, Clem.

Y/n: No problem. 

Clementine: Do you wanna pet the cow with me?

Lee shakes his head. 

Lee: Nah, but you go on ahead.

Now that Clementine has her hat back, Lee goes over to talk with Andy who's sitting on a stool nearby. I keep standing with Clementine and start to talk with her after a minute since I haven't been here to play with her for awhile. I turn to her and she looks at me, her small hazel eyes still as pretty as ever.

Y/n: How's it been without me here, Clem? 

She sighs. 

Clementine: I like this place, but I did miss you... a lot. 

Y/n: (Smiles) Really? 

Clementine: Of course! I was also worried about you and stuff. 

Y/n: Well, no matter what happens Clem, I'll always come back. 

Clementine: Is that a promise? 

Y/n: Of course. 

Clementine smiles at me and stands closer to me where her shoulder touches my arm. Since I'm taller than Clem, her shoulder doesn't reach mine. We start to talk about few things we want to do later, mainly some pictures she wants to draw when we get back to the motor Inn and to her crayons.