52; All I Can Do is Wait

ZHUBAO

"Hang, what are you talking about?" I asked, my heart sinking with each word. "Aren't we together?"

"How can you think that Hang?" Junhao's voice was laced with disbelief. "You're the one who's been pursuing her, aren't you?"

I felt a lump form in my throat as I struggled to find the right words. Hang glanced away, and instinctively, we both followed his gaze.

"I should go now, Mei is waiting for me," he muttered, turning his back before I could even process his words. I stood there, feeling abandoned and confused. Suddenly, a comforting hand slipped into mine, pulling me back from the whirlwind of emotions. It was Junhao, offering me a reassuring smile. "I'll take you to Mr. Li Fei."

"But Hang..." I began, my voice faltering with uncertainty.

"He must have something important to attend to," Junhao interjected, his tone gentle yet firm, trying to ease the turmoil inside me.

"You wouldn't understand—" I started to protest, but I was interrupted by another voice, joining our conversation.

"Hey, missed me?" It was Dravor, his presence casting a shadow over the already tense moment.

"What the fuck-"

"She won't come if she doesn't want to," Dravor remarked, directing his words to Junhao, but they felt like a dagger aimed at me.

I stumbled, almost tripping over my graduation gown, but Junhao's steady grip on my waist steadied me. As I glanced at Dravor, confirmation of his identity hit me like a wave. "Dravor..."

Instinctively, I positioned myself protectively in front of Junhao as Dravor smirked, his words dripping with sarcasm. "Scaredy cats, I won't do anything. Just visiting the newly graduated girl. I mean, you're a woman now, aren't you celebrating your 18th birthday, three months from now?"

Frustration boiled inside me, and I couldn't hold back any longer. "Then don't bother visiting us, Dravor, as if you actually care," I retorted, my voice trembling with anger.

With a smirk, Dravor turned away, leaving me seething with indignation. "What was that all about?" I demanded, turning to Junhao for answers.

"Calm down, Zhubao. Let's go," Junhao urged, pulling me gently towards the parking lot. Though my mind was still reeling, I allowed him to guide me, grateful for his presence amidst the chaos.

"Thank you," I murmured as we reached the parking lot. "You can go now."

"Don't worry about me. I can handle myself," Junhao reassured me, his voice soft yet determined.

"Are you sure?" I asked, concern etched in my voice.

"It's not because I'm new. I can't hold my own pride," he affirmed, a hint of pride in his tone. "You're the one who taught me, after all."

"Alright," I nodded, offering him a small smile. "Bye..."

"Bye," Junhao echoed, watching me until I disappeared from his view.

As I approached Mr. Li's car, he greeted me with a warm smile. "Zhubao, would you accompany me to the entertainment?" he asked eagerly.

I nodded, intrigued by his excitement. "Of course, sir."

We drove in silence, and when we arrived, Mr. Li led me to his office with a sense of urgency. "Come here, follow me."

"What is it, sir?" I asked, curiosity piqued by his demeanor.

"Come," he beckoned, opening a large black case that sent my heart racing.

Inside lay a Samurai Sword, its legendary origin unmistakable.