13; Youth Theory Evolution

ZHUBAO

After we arranged my papers last night with dad, Mr. Li Fei formally asked him to let me join to the group, and dad instantly said yes, after all, I needed rest from what happened, he said. He also bid goodbye to me before we go, kissed me on the forehead and smiled at me like he was really happy I am finally going to reach my dreams as an idol, on the other side, he did not inform mama about it.

I went to sit in front Yukun, distracting myself using the phone, and no one even noticed me in the fact that they we're all too busy on their phones.

I saw Ji yawning while walking towards the kitchen, Yuhan looked at him and finally noticed me, "Oh, hey good morning, Zhubao, why not join us on our meal?"

"Here's a bowl of cereal, Zhubao." Yukun handed me a bowl of cereal he just prepared.

"Thank you," I responded.

"Always..." he smiled at me.

"Grizz, give me my phone..." I heard someone saying it.

WHO TF, GRIZZ?

I looked up and I saw Junhao, watching WE BARE BEARS again on his IPad. While I was eating, Ji reacted on Junhao. "Watching that cartoon again?"

"Not your business..." Junhao said, he saw me, so he sat beside me, and smiled before greeting, "Good morning..."

"Good morning..." I greeted him too.

"You should eat a lot, Zhubao. We'll take hours in there." Ji reminded me.

"Okay, thank you for reminding me..." I smiled at him and nodded twice.

"You're welcome", he said and continue eating. 

"We have an important announcement, today, everyone. So, you all know that Youth Theory Evolution will effect this month, we will be having a survival show where we eliminate some trainees."

"Eliminating?" Zhixin uttered.

"But why is it so fast, I didn't saw it coming at all." He said, looking intently at the CEO, but his eyes won't lie, tears are forming from it.

"For two years staying here, it's going to be difficult if you eliminate someone..." Zhicheng said, wiping his tears away.

In the depths of their eyes, I could see a profound sadness. The looming elimination was casting a shadow over all of us. I was going to miss whoever left, and I knew the other fans would too. I was new here, and I felt helpless. I wanted to do something, but what could I possibly do? 

"Say your goodbyes to your fellow trainees before the elimination. Then, come with me, Zhubao..." Mr. Li Fei's voice cut through my thoughts.

I followed him to his office, my heart pounding in my chest. "They don't know yet, but the elimination has been cancelled."

"Cancelled?" I echoed, my confusion evident. I prided myself on being quick-witted, but since I arrived here, I felt like I was always one step behind. 

"Yes, and you are the reason!" He laughed, spinning his pen between his fingers, a stark contrast to his usual formal demeanor.

"How?" I asked, curiosity getting the better of me.

"Why eliminate anyone when the group is already complete?" He shrugged, chuckling at my surprised expression.

"So, that means...?"

"Yes, and I have a plan," he said, his laughter echoing around the room.

"And I'm part of this plan?" I pointed to myself, still not quite able to believe what was happening.